Pride of Aloha questions

pbinn

We are sailing next week on the POA and was wondering if anyone could answer some questions. I have heard about taking the plug strip for extra plugs, but is there an outlet in the bathroom that i could plug a nightlight into maybe? Also is there a hairdryer? We will have an inside room. i was wondering also if the bathroom door would take one of those over the door shoe holders. I know some wont close with this on it. Also i was wondering about tipping, in the buffett restaurants since it is i assume self serve, do the waiters just get drinks and clear plates? Is the buffett areas more casual (say shorts and nice shirts) than the regular restaurants? Thanks so much .

We were on the POA last summer - Sorry I don't remember if there was an outlet in the bathroom. I brought my own hair dryer and used the outlet by the vanity in the room. We did use the shoe holder over the bathroom door - had no problems closing the door. We sailed in August '04 when the POA began their Hawaii sailings. We did not tip in the buffet simply cause there was no one around to tip. The few times we used the dining venues we did tip after the meal. We dined mostly on shore. Shorts were worn in the buffet area. Have a great trip. The islands are beautiful.

Maryann

Just got off the Pride of Aloha last week. There was no plug in the bathroom, and only one plug on the desk in our room. We also had an inside room. I did not see a hair dryer in the room. Yes, I think the door can hold a shoe holder and should shut ok. As for the buffet, I did not see anyone tip there and it was very casual. Most people were in shorts and nice golf type shirts for men. I found the whole ship very casual compared to other ships that we have been on. Any other questions let me know. Have a great time!

Archived