Getaway Cabin 12702: Nonstop Whoosing Sound???

We are interested in this cabin, but have heard two reports on CC of a nonstop "whoosing" noise on certain forward-facing oceanviews on decks 10, 11 and 12.

If you accept that they are true; simple; look elsewhere. However if you think you will be "all right"; take one and pray that you are.

If you take one and then you find the reports are true I don't think you would have any come back as you knew of the problem.

A real case of "Caveat Emptor".

The Whooshing noise seems to be spread throughout the entire ship, We were on the Getaway in Nov. 2014, We had a cabin with a large balcony on deck 8. I wasn't sure the best way to describe the noise but whooshing sounds good. The noise was loud, frequent, and very annoying so we went to Guest services to request a cabin change. They had a sigh posted saying they were full so there could be no cabin changes but that was not true, apparently the sign was to discourage a lot of requests for cabin changes. We were moved to a cabin with a regular small balcony on deck 11 (which we found out later someone else had moved out of) We could hear the whooshing noise coming from a nearby cabin but it wasn't loud enough in our cabin that we couldn't live with it. Since our new cabin was a down grade (no large balcony) they said we could go to the ice bar free and would credit our account with $100. I thought they meant $100 would be taken off our credit card but it turned out they meant we were be given a $100 onboard credit, so when we received our paperwork outside our door the last morning I found out we still had $60 to use with no place open to use it. Guest services said "Too bad, you're out of luck, There is nothing they could do about it"

We have been on 7 cruises with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess and the Norwegian Getaway. This was the only one we had any problems on.

At the time I said I would never go on Norwegian again, but other than the problems I described and one other problem We enjoyed the cruise, the Getaway is a very nice ship, and the cruise Director was the best we ever had, so we are giving Norwegian another chance and going on the Escape in November.

Edited by chainpuller

When I was on the Gem in the owners suite, I think it was 9504, we had that sound coming through the front facing balcony on one night where there was a bad storm. Even though that balcony has two doors, one being a bulkhead door, wind and water got through enough to flood our bedroom overnight. When we woke up we stepped down into water and man did it stink by the end of the day; it wasn't rain but sea water that was crashing onto the balcony while the ship porpoised back and forth. That was some night... The drawers in the room kept opening and closing on their own and man did I get seasick..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Heronymous