First Alaska cruise...getting purchased alcohol back to your home

MB2014

Flying home to USA from SJU yes, you can carry on liquor (i brought 4 litres on board)

I was in San Juan in April. Once you clear security you can buy booze in one of the duty free shops, as long as you are leaving PR. It's been that way for ever, I've carried on up to six liters at a time.

Thanks ....I thought you could buy booze in San Juan and carry on the plane somehow.

The duty free shops in the airport in Vancouver are past security and are accessible to departing passengers only arriving passengers do not have access to duty free as there is no shops in the arrivals corridors or past the cbsa areas like some European airports and the one in Sydney has. There is a liquor store on level 1 of the domestic terminal that sells at the same price as in downtown Vancouver

Thanks Sarge, good to know.:)

We use the pre made bubble wrap bottle wraps for wine bottles. Sometimes you have to slit the side to fit in the bottle. We put our ship duty free in them, put this inside a plastic bag and park in the middle of our big suitcase with all the clothes around. So far has worked great for many cruises.

We buy the bottle wraps at our local wine store and we have found we can reuse them. They are on our list to take and fit nicely in an outside suitcase pocket.

Duty free at Vancouver airport is a better price than many airports especially if you remember the Canadian dollar conversion but the pricing is not as good as the duty free on the ships.