summer 2018

georgia1980

Thanks. I would go when it is cheaper, but don't want to board ship in the cold. I know summer is warm. I cannot drive all the way to Miami. I thought about Tampa, but isn't the Paradise a small ship too? Also, the weather there at end of Feb. first of May- how is it?

Thanks. I would go when it is cheaper, but don't want to board ship in the cold. I know summer is warm. I cannot drive all the way to Miami. I thought about Tampa, but isn't the Paradise a small ship too? Also, the weather there at end of Feb. first of May- how is it?

The Paradise is the last in the Fantasy class of ships (it's 18 years old) and yes it is "small" compared to the other ships in the CCL fleet. Tampa is limited in what ships can call there due to the height of the Sunshine Skyway bridge so for Carnival, it's only the Fantasy and Spirit class ships that can sail from Tampa. We've been in Tampa in May and it was pretty warm (not really "hot") and humid with off and on thunderstorm threats; I can't speak to earlier in the year as we've not been there at that time but I know many others here can advise you on that.

Edit: I just thought of something - if you're averse to driving to Miami and are looking at Tampa, why not look also at Port Canaveral? I don't know where you live in Georgia but I cannot image Port Canaveral would be a much further drive than Tampa and you would have more ships (and cruise lines) to chose from in Canaveral.

Edited by joepeka

I live in West Georgia and I thought PC is closer than Tampa. We had our first cruise on Elation, from Jax, May 30th and loved it and booked same week, same ship for 2017. I would love the Magic, but cannot do Sat. to Sat. I get off work on Friday and that would be a push. Sun. to Sun would be great, but ....

I live in West Georgia and I thought PC is closer than Tampa. We had our first cruise on Elation, from Jax, May 30th and loved it and booked same week, same ship for 2017. I would love the Magic, but cannot do Sat. to Sat. I get off work on Friday and that would be a push. Sun. to Sun would be great, but ....

If you have been on Elation, then you know what Paradise is like - they are sister ships (in fact, started sailing the same year).

In looking at the 2017 schedule for Port Canaveral (which I'm sure you've done also), the Valor is doing 4-day itineraries (Sun-Thurs) and the Magic is doing alternating 8-day and 6-day itineraries with the 6-days being Sun-Sat. I have no idea if that schedule (or something similar) will still be in effect in Summer 2018 but if so, you do have options. There is also Royal Caribbean and Disney to consider but they tend to be a little more expensive than CCL (especially Disney).