Soggy dollar? Are there still excursions going here through Norwegian?

foundmyMcGyver

We are going to Tortola in December on the Gem and I was looking to go to Jost Van Dyke again to the Soggy dollar beach but can't find any listing for an excursion there? Does anyone know if Norwegian is still going there and maybe just hasn't listed it yet or if for some reason they are not hosting excursions there and we have to get there ourselves? Thanks for any help.

We have been to San Juan many times but have always just walked around to the forts and never ventured farther than that. Any ideas for safe areas to go out into on our own and is renting a car a good idea or is the public transportation a good source to take places? Thanks for any help with ideas.

are you on the gem cruise departing 11/27? i am going on that cruise and really want the jost excursion as well. i called ncl friday and they may still add that excursion. i see you are from

Keene NH, I used to live in Ludlow Vt, but now live in Tx.

are you on the gem cruise departing 11/27? i am going on that cruise and really want the jost excursion as well. i called ncl friday and they may still add that excursion. i see you are from

We're on the 27 NOV cruise and this is what we wanted to do in the BVI.

We are on Gem out of San Juan Dec 11th 2016 and out of NY March 6 2018

We are on Gem out of San Juan Dec 11th 2016 and out of NY March 6 2018

We love Ludlow...home of our favorite place to ski :-) Do you think more calls to NCL will help add it? Did they say why it available on some cruises and not on others? Thanks

I was just there two weeks ago.

Did you book pre-cruise or after while on the ship? Each time we have booked before we have done so while on the ship, so I'm not sure if it is an excursion that they only have available once your on the ship or if they dropped it? But if others have gone recently maybe it is one of those that they don't post ahead of time? Thanks

We're on Escape in a few weeks and I booked my "Escape to Jost Van Dyke" on the Rebel Yell catamaran back in January. If you don't see it on your account on ncl.com where you book excursions, it could be that it isn't offered or it could be that it's sold out. It has become a very popular excursion. I would check as soon as you board at the shore excursion desk to see if they held any spots back for onboard booking.

Did you book pre-cruise or after while on the ship? Each time we have booked before we have done so while on the ship, so I'm not sure if it is an excursion that they only have available once your on the ship or if they dropped it? But if others have gone recently maybe it is one of those that they don't post ahead of time? Thanks

Pre cruise. A few months out actually.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk Pro!

We love Ludlow...home of our favorite place to ski :-) Do you think more calls to NCL will help add it? Did they say why it available on some cruises and not on others? Thanks

They told me to wait till sometime in September, that it might be added. I. took it a little over a year ago, and it was a wonderful excursion , Claudia and crew on the Rebel Yell were awsome.

I booked our cruise on the Escape back in December. We depart on Oct 29th of this year. I have been watching for the Escape to Jost Van Dyke excursion since I booked and it has not been available. Very disappointed as we went last year and this was our favorite all time excursion. I sent a couple of emails to the Rebel Yell contact info but I dont guess they care or need the business since they havent answered. I have since contacted Foxys Charters which can at least provide transportation from Tortola to JVD. They told me they would get back with me. I'm not holding my breath though. I think these folks live the island life and things like email are the last things on their minds.

I dont care about being herded through the Baths. If I knew we couldnt get the JVD excursion I would have booked a different itinerary altogether.

Edited by TonyFred

We're on Escape in a few weeks and I booked my "Escape to Jost Van Dyke" on the Rebel Yell catamaran back in January. If you don't see it on your account on ncl.com where you book excursions, it could be that it isn't offered or it could be that it's sold out. It has become a very popular excursion. I would check as soon as you board at the shore excursion desk to see if they held any spots back for onboard booking.

The Rebel Yell is the one we have taken :-)

I booked our cruise on the Escape back in December. We depart on Oct 29th of this year. I have been watching for the Escape to Jost Van Dyke excursion since I booked and it has not been available. Very disappointed as we went last year and this was our favorite all time excursion. I sent a couple of emails to the Rebel Yell contact info but I dont guess they care or need the business since they havent answered. I have since contacted Foxys Charters which can at least provide transportation from Tortola to JVD. They told me they would get back with me. I'm not holding my breath though. I think these folks live the island life and things like email are the last things on their minds.

I dont care about being herded through the Baths. If I knew we couldnt get the JVD excursion I would have booked a different itinerary altogether.

We booked this cruise because it stayed in Tortola till 5pm, in past cruises our stay was only till 1pm. I was so very excited for an extended day at JVD. Going to still have a great cruise of course......but!!!!!

We booked this cruise because it stayed in Tortola till 5pm, in past cruises our stay was only till 1pm. I was so very excited for an extended day at JVD. Going to still have a great cruise of course......but!!!!!

Called shore excursion line and was told it is still being offered and to keep watching. "Rachel" said they have not loaded a lot of them that will be offered for the winter months? So I will patiently....or not so patiently lol ;-) keep checking! I will post as soon as I get any luck in booking it.

realized I posted a comment meant for you to myself....oops :-) I called excursion line and was told by "Rachel" they have not loaded all excursions for winter months and to keep watching. Not sure what they are waiting for as these cruises are on a few months away. We are also back at Tortola in January and want to book JVD again then. Oh-well, I will do as I'm told and check...daily of course. If I have luck and find it on the list I will post here ;-) happy cruising everyone

Called shore excursion line and was told it is still being offered and to keep watching. "Rachel" said they have not loaded a lot of them that will be offered for the winter months? So I will patiently....or not so patiently lol ;-) keep checking! I will post as soon as I get any luck in booking it.

Thanks for the info, you got more than I did when I called the shore-x number.

you could try ocean magic mitch dot com for BVI charters. When I didn't think there was going to be an NCL excursion I inquired with them. Heard from a nice girl who was the first mate but they weren't sure they were going to be on island that week due to a family wedding. But the price was fair. The NCL excursion opened up, so I had no need to use them, but it's an option.

We are on the Gem 11/13/16 and have booked with Kuralu (kuralu.com) for the day to sail from Tortola to Jost Van Dyke (home of Soggy Dollar) - they have been very accommodating for the reservation and requests we've made.