Soggy dollar? Are there still excursions going here through Norwegian?

foundmyMcGyver

chairs in front of Soggy are free, but it's quite crowded there. We went to Gertrudes and paid $5 for chairs. Well worth it - enjoyed Gertrude's and Seddy's One Love. Walked over and got a painkiller (and lunch) from Soggy, but it was nice to be a little further from the crowds.

They're definitely still offering it. "Escape to Jost Van Dyke" was just added yesterday for my January 2017 cruise on the Epic. Booked it as soon as it was loaded, as I've heard it sells out and this is the one excursion I wanted to book! Definitely keep checking - looks like the number of excursions is changing daily; we were at 20 earlier in the week, yesterday there were 30+ to choose from and today we're back down to 23. I'm sure it's all in flux as everything gets firmed up for the fall/winter sailings. :)

I booked our cruise on the Escape back in December. We depart on Oct 29th of this year. I have been watching for the Escape to Jost Van Dyke excursion since I booked and it has not been available. Very disappointed as we went last year and this was our favorite all time excursion. I sent a couple of emails to the Rebel Yell contact info but I dont guess they care or need the business since they havent answered. I have since contacted Foxys Charters which can at least provide transportation from Tortola to JVD. They told me they would get back with me. I'm not holding my breath though. I think these folks live the island life and things like email are the last things on their minds.

I dont care about being herded through the Baths. If I knew we couldnt get the JVD excursion I would have booked a different itinerary altogether.

escape to jost van dyke finally posted to our cruise, it was not there three hours ago but when I went on to make final payment I checked again because I saw the count had gone from 60 to 67 excursion :-) and it was one of them. Booked it of course. Hope it comes to yours soon if it hasn't already. Thanks for all the posts on here, they are why I kept checking. Happy cruising

chairs in front of Soggy are free, but it's quite crowded there. We went to Gertrudes and paid $5 for chairs. Well worth it - enjoyed Gertrude's and Seddy's One Love. Walked over and got a painkiller (and lunch) from Soggy, but it was nice to be a little further from the crowds.
We DID go down to the Soggy Dollar to buy a t shirt when it was time to leave....and were amazed at the difference between our spot and the Spotty Dollar!! But this is also a matter of taste and what you are wanting in terms of an experience.....for some the loud music and crowds make for a happier day.... for us it was more the beautiful setting and crystal clear waters while lounging on a lounge rather than trying to secure a chair at the Soggy Dollar. BOTH are so much fun and should be on everyone's bucket list!

We were on this excursion 4-5 days ago and agree that although the Soggy Dollar is "fun" it is quite noisy and not that many lounge chairs.....better to go to Gertrudes and pay (we paid $10 per lounge chair) and then just walk the few hundred feet or so to Soggy Dollar if that appeals to you.

Our excursion was "Escape to Jost Van Dyke" through NCL and we had about a 45 minute catamaran ride on the Rebel as well....Captain Claudia was the best and we would do this again in a HEARTBEAT! BEST beach ever and we have seen all of them in the Caribbean.

And for the record, we did not book this excursion too much in advance....maybe 4 weeks or so? I think that the problems are more with the NCL web site than with the actual availability....but that is just my two cents.

GO THERE if you can! It is beyond beautiful!

Escape to JVD is a FANTASTIC excursion - we usually do our own thing but opted for this ship-sponsored tour in February 2016. Wandered all the way down the beach to Seddy's ONE LOVE and it was awesome... hope no one else finds out about it :) Stopped at Soggy Dollar on the way back to the Rebel Yell for required Pain Killer and obligatory t-shirt!!