Thank you to everybody for the advice and sorry I have more questions

realdinkydi

A sarong is a great item to pack. A lot of people wore their beach/pool clothes to breakfast and also to lunch, so casual is the key.My daughter just about lived in her board shorts and suntop the whole time.Going ashore to the islands yes, everyone just wears beach gear but you would need something more dressier for Noumea and i would assume Vila(havent been there)

Pacific Sun is a casual ship. I took too much "good " clothes , think everyone chancged for lunch. Even dinner is so not so stuffy most nights. I saw men in shorts, t shirts and sandles for dinner.

relax and have fun

karon

Isn't that one of the best parts of the Sky/Sun. I loved the casual attitude, it was the best part.

Before I went on my first cruise I was also worried and took lots of short sleeved collared shirts and cargo shorts etc, thinking i would need them during the day and after being on board a day or so realiased that a t shirt and board shorts was much more the norm.

We didnt change during the day (except if we were wet from the pool just before lunch) and dressed smart casual for dinner.

After reading the brochures and info available (didnt know about this site) we went in with the no jeans policy and were surprised by the amount of jeans being worn at dinner and so my favourite jeans made an appearance.

I dont think i could handle the stuffiness of the UK and US ships (based on what ive read on here) and much prefer our casual she'll be right mate attitude.

So i guess the answer to your question realdinkdi is that casual is definately the norm.

Cheers,

Dan

Archived