Back from Koningsdam + video

steilkurve

Was the Maître D not helpful to you & other guests too?

To be fair, he was probably an assistant Maître D. He assigned tables for open seating. Never a smile, or a word. We always got a quick table so he was efficient, just not courteous. Really clashed with everyone else who was really friendly.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Can you tell me what kind of daily activities they had? I'm curious to hear from the perspective of a younger family.

I was on this sailing as well, though I do not have a family, I am 35 (young for some, old for some lol).

Most activities were typical cruise related...but will give you some highlights:

Poolside movies (usually twice an night one being early and for families)

Trivia games

Game show by BBC Earth partnership

Cooking Demos in Culinary Kitchen

Make your own wine at Blend for $129 included a dinner at Culinary Arts

Art Auctions

Windows 10 classes

Cooking Classes for $29

Seminars on the region (though I would have liked more)

Captain Q & A

Galley Tour

Behind the scenes bridge/engine room for $150 pp

Bingo

Of course the main activity for many was watching the great scenery!

Steilkurve, that was one magnificent video (as others have commented). We were on a 7-day Norway cruise in May, and your video brought out nooks and crannies of the Koningsdam that we had missed! Really appreciated your camera skills. BTW, how did you ever get such wonderful shots without the crowds (esp. of the Lido)?!

While we were in a Neptune suite, we are trying a Vista suite on our next cruise in 2017. Just wondering about the bathroom, and whether you found the placement of the toilet so close to the shower a problem. Other than that, the cabin seemed fine.

Thanks again, and happy cruising.

Steilkurve, that was one magnificent video (as others have commented). We were on a 7-day Norway cruise in May, and your video brought out nooks and crannies of the Koningsdam that we had missed! Really appreciated your camera skills. BTW, how did you ever get such wonderful shots without the crowds (esp. of the Lido)?!

While we were in a Neptune suite, we are trying a Vista suite on our next cruise in 2017. Just wondering about the bathroom, and whether you found the placement of the toilet so close to the shower a problem. Other than that, the cabin seemed fine.

Thanks again, and happy cruising.

Well thank you for the kind words!

As I often do, I filmed the ship towards the end of the last day while folks are busy packing.

As for the placement of the toilet, I do believe that is a small design flaw. Not unmanageable though, especially if you leave the shower door open.

Enjoy your second Koningsdam cruise!

To be fair, he was probably an assistant Maître D. He assigned tables for open seating. Never a smile, or a word. We always got a quick table so he was efficient, just not courteous. Really clashed with everyone else who was really friendly.

We had the same impression and thought it was because we showed up with 2 kids. He was on deck 3 (upper level) so,we switched to the deck 2 desk and they were lovely.

We had the same impression and thought it was because we showed up with 2 kids. He was on deck 3 (upper level) so,we switched to the deck 2 desk and they were lovely.

Ah! Didn't even know you check in from deck 2. Assumed that was the fixed dining entrance. Should have thought of it!