13th. October New York to Canada

Jeffrey1950

Has anyone sailed at this time of the year to St. Johns, Nova Scotia? I am thinking of doing this cruise but am concerned about the weather. While no one can predict exactly what to expect a little insight would help. Is it still possible to get warm enough weather to sit on deck or would I be wasting my money on a balcony? Is the ship itself a bit warmer we all know how cool it can be in the dining room. Please, send me you thoughts cannot make up my mind. Was hoping to do the 7 day on Sept. 3rd. but way too expensive as a solo cruiser. So would have to settle for the four day. Looking forward to your replies !!

We went north out of New York last October. We had good weather. You could tell who was from the south or warm weather and those of us who did not mind highs in the 70s. Some people had on heavier coats One night the crew were freezing and we had light weight jackets on while sitting on the Lido aft.

We used our balconies and enjoyed the sun with short sleeve tops/shirts. Evenings could be cool.

So far it's looking good.....do not care much about the weather in the evening just as long as I can spend time on deck during the day without being too cold. I am also considering the trip out of New York earlier October. How is it inside the ship I remember in June being a little uncomfortable towards the end of my evening meal because it was so cool in the dining room ( Carnival Sunshine ).