Anthem of the Seas - Booking and Reservation Questions

It's been a few years since I've logged in here, and I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but I felt I need to ask anyway (my cruise knowledge is rusty, having not been on a ship since 2013!)

My wife and I booked a 5 night Bermuda Cruise on the Anthem of the seas (Not 'till September 2017). We booked our reservation, and then I started reading the reviews on this ship (which, truthfully, are a little scary).

I know they shifted from the main dining room on the Quantum Class ships (which is what I've been accustomed to). Everything I've read, which I believe, is to not listed to the negativity, and spend a little more time planning everything out before you sail on this ship because of the dining options, entertainment, skydiving, etc.

I went in to look at the dining options, and they are not coming up yet, which I figure is just because it's too early in the game to do anything.

SO - the big question is: When have you all been able to book these things at the earliest? I'd like to make sure I'm on top of it to get everything set up - time goes quick!

ALSO - What experiences have you had on the Anthem to help make it the best experience possible?

We booked a Superior Balcony Room (Deck 10).

We were on pace to do at least one cruise a year, and then started a family in 2013 (our firstborn was actually with us in the Bahamas - my wife was 3 months pregnant). #2 was just born on the 4th of July this year, and our in laws are graciously taking them for some time next year so we can get back to an adult only vacation that we absolutely need.

Glad to be back on Royal's Itinerary!

Any and all Advice for the Anthem is welcome! :)

It's been a few years since I've logged in here, and I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but I felt I need to ask anyway (my cruise knowledge is rusty, having not been on a ship since 2013!)

My wife and I booked a 5 night Bermuda Cruise on the Anthem of the seas (Not 'till September 2017). We booked our reservation, and then I started reading the reviews on this ship (which, truthfully, are a little scary).

I know they shifted from the main dining room on the Quantum Class ships (which is what I've been accustomed to). Everything I've read, which I believe, is to not listed to the negativity, and spend a little more time planning everything out before you sail on this ship because of the dining options, entertainment, skydiving, etc.

I went in to look at the dining options, and they are not coming up yet, which I figure is just because it's too early in the game to do anything.

SO - the big question is: When have you all been able to book these things at the earliest? I'd like to make sure I'm on top of it to get everything set up - time goes quick!

ALSO - What experiences have you had on the Anthem to help make it the best experience possible?

We were on pace to do at least one cruise a year, and then started a family in 2013 (our firstborn was actually with us in the Bahamas - my wife was 3 months pregnant). #2 was just born on the 4th of July this year, and our in laws are graciously taking them for some time next year so we can get back to an adult only vacation that we absolutely need.

Welcome back :) The Anthem is awesome and a very different cruising experience than traditional ships.

The bookings will come out 3 to 6 months before the cruise.

You should make reservations for everything, dining, entertainment, shows and puzzle break room. All others is first come first served like bumpercars, flow rider .

Even if you don't like your reservation time, don't worry......those with reservations are taken care of first.

Join the Roll Call for your cruise.

Collectively, people watch the website for the opening of each kind of reservation, and then announce on the Roll Call.

:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=942