UBP and Soda Package- Price and Purchase

conandrob240

Sailing on Gem next Saturday. Wanted to confirm 2 things:

1) UBP and soda package- pricing is same whether you pre-buy or not, correct?

2) Is there still a rep in the terminal area selling these? is there any downside to doing it this way (vs pre-buy)? The only one I can think of is not having a sticker on my card right away (do they even still do stickers)?

TIA

Edited by conandrob240

Thanks but that's from early 2015.

So, anyone know if there is a current price differential between on-line and on-board purchase?

Your question was answered by sarcher:

Pricing is cheaper if you buy ahead of time.

Re the soda package, it was cheaper ahead of time, however you had to purchase it for everyone in the cabin if you did it in advance. If you purchased it when boarding you could just buy it for one person. For me there wasn't a stand in the cruise terminal selling it, but there was a table onboard near the restaurants where they were selling it.

Re the soda package, it was cheaper ahead of time, however you had to purchase it for everyone in the cabin if you did it in advance. If you purchased it when boarding you could just buy it for one person. For me there wasn't a stand in the cruise terminal selling it, but there was a table onboard near the restaurants where they were selling it.

How much was it on the ship for an adult? what is the cost for a can of diet pepsi?

How much was it on the ship for an adult? what is the cost for a can of diet pepsi?

I think it was around $89 for a 10 day cruise. Can't be 100% though. If you paid per soda you might get annoyed as half the time you got a cup full of ice with a tiny squirt of soda on top. I don't think I ever got served it in a can but I think maybe there were vending machines somewhere that did cans