Would Like Info On The Sun

pklopp

Hi - we are seriously considering the Sun Princess for 4/17 - Southern to Barbados, Curacao, Isla Margarita - 10 day to celebrate our 30th. Would appreciate any thoughts and opinions on this ship and ports. Will the size of the cabin and balcony be noticeable? Honestly, we could not tell a difference between Carnival, RCCL or HAL - can 2 people sit and move around and get in and out of the cabin easily on the Sun? We like to snorkel, so info on that is appreciated. Food - my opinion is any time someone else is doing the cooking, I am thrilled! Plenty of Bud Lite on hand? We just enjoy beautiful scenery, relaxing and a good bed to sleep on.

So any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Peggy

Peggy,

I would suggest checking out the "Live from the Sun" thread that was started back on January 28th of this year.

nreeder is on the Sun now and is posting daily.Lot's of valuable info over there from people who have cruised the Sun.

I would also check out the Roll Call section to see if there is one started for your cruise.Lot's of good info there as well.

Good Luck!

CFL

Hi - we are seriously considering the Sun Princess for 4/17 - Southern to Barbados, Curacao, Isla Margarita - 10 day to celebrate our 30th. Would appreciate any thoughts and opinions on this ship and ports. Will the size of the cabin and balcony be noticeable? Honestly, we could not tell a difference between Carnival, RCCL or HAL - can 2 people sit and move around and get in and out of the cabin easily on the Sun? We like to snorkel, so info on that is appreciated. Food - my opinion is any time someone else is doing the cooking, I am thrilled! Plenty of Bud Lite on hand? We just enjoy beautiful scenery, relaxing and a good bed to sleep on.

Thank you.

Peggy

Welcome to Princess.....once you go there is no going back. The Sun is a Beautiful Ship. ....you will love it and your stay at Princess. My Dh is "large" and we have no trouble on or around or in our cabin....... there is plenty of Bud Light in the new aluminum bottles (very cold)....Food is excellent (try the pizza)...if you book ....do the "crusin- n-style" tour on the Isla de Margarita.......get a hold of Marcella Tinsman @ crusin_n_style98@yahoo.com ...... They only take four people a day and give you the tour of a lifetime.....they are a cute couple from Indiana that have moved to the island about five years ago and they know all of the ends and outs.....book quickly! ,,,,send a fax to Princess after you book and ask for the egg-crate to be put on your bed....makes sleeping wonderful!.....hope some of this helps.:cool:

Thank you.

Peggy

Welcome to Princess.....once you go there is no going back. The Sun is a Beautiful Ship. ....you will love it and your stay at Princess. My Dh is "large" and we have no trouble on or around or in our cabin....... there is plenty of Bud Light in the new aluminum bottles (very cold)....Food is excellent (try the pizza)...if you book ....do the "crusin- n-style" tour on the Isla de Margarita.......get a hold of Marcella Tinsman @ crusin_n_style98@yahoo.com ...... They only take four people a day and give you the tour of a lifetime.....they are a cute couple from Indiana that have moved to the island about five years ago and they know all of the ends and outs.....book quickly! ,,,,send a fax to Princess after you book and ask for the egg-crate to be put on your bed....makes sleeping wonderful!.....hope some of this helps.:cool:

Peggy

We were on the September 29 cruise aboard the Sun along with Christine and others. We like to snorkel also and I bet you would love doing exactly what we did with our day in Bardados. I did my research and booked a two hour tour to swim with the sea turltes and snorkel the ship wreck. There were 4 in our group and we took a taxi to the location as soon as we got off the ship. I had no idea that we would be going on a 30 foot glass bottom boat that we would have all to our selves. It was awesome! The turltes are big and gentle and it was a blast having them swimming around us eating our of our hands. Then it was on the ship wreck where there were tons of fish. The tour guide that takes you out is real nice and will let you stay as long as you like, it didn't seem that we were limited to just two hours but the water got pretty rough so we headed in, The cost was $35 each. We then headed from there to the Famous

"Boat Yard". There you pay $12 each to enter and get $5 of it back to spend at the bar or on food. This place is beautiful and a great way to spend the rest of the day. Plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas and use of all the toys. If I remember, I think the beer was $2 each. I would do it all over again. The ship is really beautiful and you will love this cruise.

Glynna

Christine & Glynna - thanks so much - just the things I am looking for and want to hear. TA is just getting back from a Transatlantic on the QM2, so hope to have this cruise all lined up shortly.

Thanks again.

Peggy

Christine & Glynna - thanks so much - just the things I am looking for and want to hear. TA is just getting back from a Transatlantic on the QM2, so hope to have this cruise all lined up shortly.

Thanks again.

Peggy

Archived