Has anyone ever been upgraded

jpcello

I'm booked on Regal Princess in October to NE/Canada. I've noticed that there are still two HA mini suites available. I'm currently booked in a HA Balcony.

Has anyone ever received an upgrade or do they simply sell those suites if they're not booked? Or would Princess upgrade someone in a regular cabin to the HA mini suite?

Just curious.

I'm booked on Regal Princess in October to NE/Canada. I've noticed that there are still two HA mini suites available. I'm currently booked in a HA Balcony.

Has anyone ever received an upgrade or do they simply sell those suites if they're not booked? Or would Princess upgrade someone in a regular cabin to the HA mini suite?

Just curious.

Generally speaking complimentary upgrades of accessible cabins are extremely rare. Additionally it's important to note that on the outside chance you are upgraded you need to check immediately that it's to an accessible cabin. There have been reports that people have lost their accessible cabin when the cruise line did an automatic upgrade and than had trouble getting back their original cabin.

Generally speaking complimentary upgrades of accessible cabins are extremely rare. Additionally it's important to note that on the outside chance you are upgraded you need to check immediately that it's to an accessible cabin. There have been reports that people have lost their accessible cabin when the cruise line did an automatic upgrade and than had trouble getting back their original cabin.

Thanks. I spoke to someone at Princess and they made a note that I would only accept an upgrade to a HA cabin. Honestly don't expect an upgrade but it's nice to dream.

OP, I don't know anything about Princess' upgrade practices. For the little it's worth, Mom and I had an accessible balcony cabin booked on a HAL Alaska cruise this May. A couple of weeks before sailing I cheked and an accessible Neptune suite was available. I asked my TA to call and ask about an upgrade. They said I could have it for $x. I thought x was too much and declined. I thought it over and decided I wanted it. The next day I made another inquiry and got the upgrade for $×-100. The upgrade cost was peanuts compared to what those suites usually cost. It might not hurt to wait, watch, and ask. Best wishes.

Vicki

Hello,

I wish it had involved a balcony or suite but I was happy with my no charge upgrade from an inside to an obstructed ocean view. This was for a 28 day cruise. The obstruction was not bad and it was nice to see blue sky.

Both cabins were HA and I got the call out of the blue.

Happy cruising

6boysnana

OP, I don't know anything about Princess' upgrade practices. For the little it's worth, Mom and I had an accessible balcony cabin booked on a HAL Alaska cruise this May. A couple of weeks before sailing I cheked and an accessible Neptune suite was available. I asked my TA to call and ask about an upgrade. They said I could have it for $x. I thought x was too much and declined. I thought it over and decided I wanted it. The next day I made another inquiry and got the upgrade for $×-100. The upgrade cost was peanuts compared to what those suites usually cost. It might not hurt to wait, watch, and ask. Best wishes.

Vicki

I keep watching and the two cabins are still available. I'm not working with a TA (I booked directly with Princess). I still have about 6 weeks before the cruise so we'll just wait and see. For a small $$ I would definitely upgrade.

Per a lengthy discussion on the HAL board the rule seems to be that once the final payment date is reached HA cabins are available for anyone to book. There are non-disabled persons who also watch the availability and book them as soon as they are open to anyone for the extra space. From the cruise line perspective this is better to get full revenue than upgrading someone from a lower class of HA cabin - thus making it unlikely they will offer it unless the ship is very undersold.

But never hurts to ask anyway, especially just prior to final payment date. Mentioning the disability status and that the higher level cabin may go to a non-disabled person after final payment might be persuasive for at least a discounted upgrade rate.

We had booked an accessible cabin on Caribe deck for our TA next April on Crown Princess. Last week we got an email offering an upsell to either a mini-suite or a full suite. The full suite would have been very nice but was more for the upsell than we paid for the cruise.

We did however accept the mini-suite, it was only an extra £49pp and we were able to get an accessible cabin as we were offered a choice of three on Dolphin deck. I did have to make it clear that we needed an accessible cabin though or we may have ended up in a regular mini-suite and lost our accessible balcony on Caribe.

First time we have ever been offered and upgrade or upsell.