Picking my spa balcony on the Carnival Magic

Hello all,

Very useful information. I was wondering if you all could help me pick my spa balcony on the magic. I have determined from all of you that I want deck 11 over 12 because of the overhang. Out of the available rooms which one would you pick? I was thinking of picking 11225 because its close to the suites and would have a good room attendant :). Other then that what do you all think? What would have a better view? I am thinking 11210 is too far forward and could be obstructed by the bridge? Let me know thanks!!!!

room.jpg

We have had spa balcony cabins on deck 11 and 12. We prefer deck 12 around 12014.

The steward on deck 12 was great, the one we had on deck 11 was just OK.

Since there are only 2 spa suites up there they are not going to waste a great steward on that area, they will be down on Empress deck with the GS cabins.

We found deck 11 to be much noisier and there was lots of traffic in the hall because a good chunk of that area was not spa cabins.

12 is nice and quiet.

We have had spa balcony cabins on deck 11 and 12. We prefer deck 12 around 12014.

Since there are only 2 spa suites up there they are not going to waste a great steward on that area, they will be down on Empress deck with the GS cabins.

We found deck 11 to be much noisier and there was lots of traffic in the hall because a good chunk of that area was not spa cabins.

12 is nice and quiet.

Completely agree! Deck 11 is much noisier. I can't confirm, but I was told that it's because all of the spa balcony cabins that sleep 4 are on deck 11 (so families of 4 are on that level). The room we had on deck 12 only had a sofa sleeper. We were in 12040 and loved the location. Quick access to the deck and elevator!

Don't pick the cabin with a connecting door, unless you know the occupants of the connecting room.

I would look at the map of your itinerary to decide between port and starboard. One might be more scenic than the other.

12 is nice and quiet.

I feel like they would because the only 4 spa suites they have are on deck 11. The question would be if they try and keep one room attendant to all of the spa suites. In the case it would be hard to decide which side to pick. I would almost pick 11210 as it probably has a better chance of being in the string of rooms that one attendant is responsible for.

Edited by nware411

I was on the Breeze last week and had 11210 and 11214. I would imagine the view would be similar to that on the Magic. The bridge didn't bother us at all. I didn't find the area to be noisy since it was so far forward, less through traffic.

Edited by texasgirl73

Don't pick the cabin with a connecting door, unless you know the occupants of the connecting room.

I would look at the map of your itinerary to decide between port and starboard. One might be more scenic than the other.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe ill go with 11214. Was there anything you didn't like about the area texasgirl73?

We were in 12211 on the Dream and absolutely loved it. When you exit the glass elevators the first thing you smell is eucalyptus. The deck was very quiet, great room steward, and one short flight of stairs to the Serenity deck. We never noticed people trying to look in our balcony.