Deck 8 staircase question

Cunard Cruiser

Hi

I have been looking at a deck plan and also at some pictures of QM2 and was wondering if anyone could answer my question.

On deck 8 (aft, port ) there is door way going from the outside (by the changing area) to what seems to be a staircase that goes down to seven deck. Would this staircase lead into the Princess Grill or does it lead to a hallway outside the Princess Grill?? I was thinking this could be better access to the pool area instead of parading through Todd English. I wish during the refit they could revise how to get the outside deck without going through Todd English.

Thanks Much.

Hi

I have been looking at a deck plan and also at some pictures of QM2 and was wondering if anyone could answer my question.

On deck 8 (aft, port ) there is door way going from the outside (by the changing area) to what seems to be a staircase that goes down to seven deck. Would this staircase lead into the Princess Grill or does it lead to a hallway outside the Princess Grill?? I was thinking this could be better access to the pool area instead of parading through Todd English. I wish during the refit they could revise how to get the outside deck without going through Todd English.

Thanks Much.

This is exactly how you are supposed to access the aft Deck 8 pool. There is a staircase right before the entrance to the Princess Grill on Deck 7, and it leads upstairs to Deck 8 and direct access to the outdoor pool and deck.

Frankly I think Todd English is poorly located, especially since the outdoor dining concept has been scrapped. I would rather see Todd English moved to the Winter Garden, and a new casual Lido bar/grill opened in the current location of Todd English. This would solve the problem of accessing the outdoor pool on Deck 8, and also enable Cunard to implement a proper substitute for the Boardwalk Cafe which is a huge failure, even on the nicest of days.

Ernie

Archived