Pre pay gratuities norwegian cruise line?

Moore2917

Do people that pay gratuities in advance just pay the entire bill when then first book their cruise? This would make it easy, not having to worry about making that "final payment".

I just make the deposit and pay the final amount when due. All taken care of by my TA on a Credit Card. I still always have small change in dollars to tip extra when I like someone.

Do people that pay gratuities in advance just pay the entire bill when then first book their cruise? This would make it easy, not having to worry about making that "final payment".

Judging by what I've read here on CC, most people who prepay do it when they make their final payment. On NCL, if you choose to prepay the DSC the amount will be added to your final bill.

As for me, I've sometimes paid in full when booking and other times waited until final payment date. Of the four I currently have booked, I paid in full at booking for two of them and have only deposits down on the other two. With the exception of the one-night cruise on HAL, I've chosen to prepay gratuities/DSC on all of them.

I think Mic was just using the term "Cheers" as some Aussies use to say goodbye in a nice way. I hope "cheers" is on all ships.

There are other cruise lines that have the above recommendations.

I'm aware of that. I was just having a little fun with him.

I sometimes pay in full prior to final payment especially if I can see our $AUD sliding against the $USD and I have used a US agent. Other times I pay when it suits for budget reasons (i.e. pay before September as it is a big bill month with taxes, rates, insurances, etc,). I do like to prepay Gratuities, so I do not get bill shock, although if I have OBC to spend, I may leave it for the cruise.