B2B Canaveral to Ft. Lauderdale

I've been contemplating booking the 7 day Epic (Feb 25-Mar 4) on NCL and then driving down to Ft.Lauderdale to catch our 8 day Freedom OTS cruise leaving on the 4th of March.

I figure if we carry our luggage off we would need to be in our car and headed south by 10:30 at the latest to make it to the terminal in Ft L by 2pm.

Might be best if we scheduled a driver for the ride south to cut down on schlepping everything back and forth to the parking terminals.

Anyone ever do this before?

Am I a bit over ambitious trying to do this?

Thanks for all your feedback!

-Sean

I've seen people report here that they are doing the same thing (or vice-versa), so it can be done. However, if I was doing it, I would start much earlier than 10:30am. I'd want to be in the car on my way by 8:30am, to give some leeway in case of traffic delays, etc.

We have done this in the past. We rented a car from Budget and had plenty of time to get from Port Canaveral to Fort Lauderdale. We stopped at the UPS store and sent home laundry and souvenirs.

Have a great trip!!

PS some people on this board call that trip a "side to side"

When I rented a car at Port Canaveral Budget in Feb 2016, the place was packed. It took us almost 2 hours at Budget before I got a car. That 2 hours was just at Budget and not counting time getting off the ship, getting through CBP or waiting for the shuttle bus. If you do an EARLY walk off you will probably be okay, but if you get off at 9 and encounter anything like the mess I saw, you will not be sailing out of Port Everglades.

Thom

About two years ago I did a b2b similar to what you are referring to. I sailed on the Allure, walked off and drove to Port Canaveral to board the Freedom. I used parking shuttles on both ends and was still aboard the Freedom around 11:30 a.m.