Platinum

gene g

We turned Milestone on our second leg of a B2B. When we did our turn around we were given our Platinum cards. Went to GS and explained that this second leg was our 25th cruise. The rep said "let be go check."

She came back and said "You are right. We don't have a Milestone card right now, but we will call your room when we get them and you can come pick them up."

Sure enough, we got a call a little later, came down and got our cards.

Edited by tandemcruzr

Woo woo, have 70 cruising days and just book a five days cruise and all the luggage tags and boarding pass says Priority that means we are platinum.:D:D

Congrats!! Welcome to the hated platinum level. Get ready to be bashed for even mentioning be platinum on here, and heaven forbid diamond. Enjoy! [emoji4]

I cruised out of San Diego years back.. I cruised twice from there sorta back to back... My first cruise on one ship, my 9th, upon coming back, I had a second cruise on the other ship that was already in port... Back when Carnival had ships that sailed from there... So, I basically got back, walked over to the nearby terminal for my 10th and platinum cruise...

Anyway, when I checked into my second cruise, I had been assigned a gold card... So, after I boarded and put stuff away, I went to the information desk, told them that this cruise was my 10th, and was now platinum. They said they would contact Miami headquarters to confirm all...

So I then enjoyed the ship, and like about 8pm on that embarkation day, they left my stationary, a nice letter welcoming me to platinum, and about benefits, and asked to go back down to the information desk to get my new silver platinum card... All went OK after they confirmed, and they did it quick

What I think happened, as we know when we get back from a cruise, you check the carnival website, and it takes a few days for your cruise to show up on your past cruises, guess when you take back to back, carnival doesn't get your next cruise in the system for a few days to know you are becoming platinum... I know I know, when you book, they should know before hand... Maybe nowadays its more automatic, so I think that's what happened.

That's awesome! Congrats!

I just booked a B2B and will be turning platinum on the second cruise. I'm hoping they give me platinum status for that whole second cruise but the PVP said we will turn it on the actual day, not at the start of that second cruise. Not that it really matters; it's not like we are boarding with luggage again. It would just be nice to get that card and achieve that milestone. I had to take the only two cruises in June that would give me 15 days. I even tried to book a B2B2B of five-days that would give me 15- impossible. They all have a 4 day in the middle. But we are good to go on Magic!

Edited by southbayer

I cruised out of San Diego years back.. I cruised twice from there sorta back to back... My first cruise on one ship, my 9th, upon coming back, I had a second cruise on the other ship that was already in port... Back when Carnival had ships that sailed from there... So, I basically got back, walked over to the nearby terminal for my 10th and platinum cruise...

Anyway, when I checked into my second cruise, I had been assigned a gold card... So, after I boarded and put stuff away, I went to the information desk, told them that this cruise was my 10th, and was now platinum. They said they would contact Miami headquarters to confirm all...

So I then enjoyed the ship, and like about 8pm on that embarkation day, they left my stationary, a nice letter welcoming me to platinum, and about benefits, and asked to go back down to the information desk to get my new silver platinum card... All went OK after they confirmed, and they did it quick

What I think happened, as we know when we get back from a cruise, you check the carnival website, and it takes a few days for your cruise to show up on your past cruises, guess when you take back to back, carnival doesn't get your next cruise in the system for a few days to know you are becoming platinum... I know I know, when you book, they should know before hand... Maybe nowadays its more automatic, so I think that's what happened.

That's exactly what I'm sure will happen. The PVP said its a new policy that it happens AFTER the cruise is over, but he's the second Carnival rep I've had on the phone that's been wrong about something else in the last week, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is a gray area.

You can view or print your luggage tags and General Information at any time. You don't need to be paid in full. Just need to be booked. You can only print your boarding passes after you complete the online check in. So even if you are paid in full and it is past your final payment date you can't print the boarding passes until you complete that online check in.

Thank you! Just checked my luggage tags (and after all my cruises, I didn't know I could do this before final payment!) and saw that I have "priority" on them - which I assume means Platinum (hopefully). We turn Platinum during this cruise I didn't know if it would be from the first day. Yay! That was good news. Thanks again.

Edited by sandtfromwv

Thank you! Just checked my luggage tags (and after all my cruises, I didn't know I could do this before final payment!) and saw that I have "priority" on them - which I assume means Platinum (hopefully). We turn Platinum during this cruise I didn't know if it would be from the first day. Yay! That was good news. Thanks again.

Check your booking summary page and look at guest information just below sailing information. Your status should be next to your name.

Check your booking summary page and look at guest information just below sailing information. Your status should be next to your name.

Thank you! I did that and it does say Platinum! Cruise Critic is sooo helpful. I learn something new all the time! :)

I'm showing gold-gold for both cruises. Day 75 is on Day 14 of the 15 day B2B. When it gets closer to sailing time I'll call and see what I can do. Starting the second cruise with a bunch of dirty laundry- I can always just do it in the machines during changeover day but it would be nice to have the laundry perk.

Be sure you are looking at the printed docs and not what you pull up on line. Mine showed Gold on line but when I pulled up the printed docs it showed me as Platinum and priority boarding.:D