Voom speed test from Anthem

nlooser

For those who are curious, I'm on Anthem right now and have the surf + stream package.

For those with a little networking knowledge who want technical details, I ran speed tests both in port in New Jersey and at sea on the way to Bermuda. I've run several tests and am consistently receiving 4 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up and latency between 225-250ms.

I have used FaceTime, HBO Go and TiVo streaming with no issues and no choppiness or buffering.

Those sure look like Surf numbers from before - while the pings have stayed the same there seems to be varying speeds It would be interesting to see what's happening on other O3B equipped ships. Just like RCI decided that as of May 1 all ships have VOOM, now they decided that5 MB down is good enough and they call that STREAM. That makes sense since with the old sat system on the rest of the fleet they can achieve almost 5 MB so now all ships could be throttled down to 5 MB for consistency. And of course Surf could be throttled to .5MB on all ships as well.

Edited by Biker19