Fort Lauderdale Airport

cruzlvrs

As of Wed. Fort Lauderdale airport was still closed. We had to fly home from Miami instead when we ended our Enchantment of the Seas Cruise. The ship had to bring us to the Port of Miami because even the port in Fort Lauderdale was still closed. They had no power in most of the area. There was talk that the airport and Port Everglades would probably not have power restored until after the weekend. This might have changed since yesterday, so I don't know for sure.

Just went to American Airlines web pages, and they state that flights are resuming today, October 27th from fort Lauderdale airport. Should have checked first, I guess, before giving old information. Sorry

I flew out of FLL yesterday and it was fully operational, although not many were taking flights because they had changed their plans (took flights from Miami or rented cars.) Everything was on time, too. The airport looked fine, with the exception of some metal roof damages on hangers. I'm sure the runways had been a mess before opening, but looked fine to us.

I flew out of FLL yesterday and it was fully operational as the previous poster stated. The only flights I saw that were cancelled were to Key West. Most everything else looked like it was on time. I heard on TV that there was 1 runway not being used due to the tarmac buckling...

I forgot about that tarmac. It was pretty damaged.

I also forgot to mention that flying out of FLL yesterday was the best airport experience we have ever had. We have flown in and out of FLL several times and it is always a zoo. We expected the same yesterday and were pleasantly surprised. We were met at the curb and had our baggage checked and boarding passes in hand in less than 5 minutes, plus breezed through security. :)

Archived