Packing towels?

lovemylab

Although no absolute NEED to pack towels, I preferred to have my own rather than carry the thick and heavy ones provided by the ship.

Got some nice, cheap, lightweight ones at Walmart before trip. Easy to carry on shore excursions. Left them behind on the ship to make room for souvenirs I brought home instead!

I always take the thin $4 WalMart beach towels with me. Takes very little room in my luggage. I use the ship's towels on deck, and although they provide specific towels in your cabin to take on shore, I take my smaller one.

I do this mainly because the ship's towels are huge, and would take up all the room in my tote bag. My towels fit easily into the bag and I have room for everything else I need.

Also, if you lose the ship's towel (or it gets stolen) on an island, your ship account will be charged $22-28 to replace it. If my little $4 towel disappears, no biggie.

Archived