Carnival's new excursion in Belize..

MaiTaiMary

We are booking our excursion for Belize and had our mind made up on the "Shark, Rays & Island Getaway". We did it last year and loved it.

I just noticed they have a new, very similar excursion, "Sharks, Rays, Barrier Reef, and Island Escape".

I'm having a difficult time comparing the two. Both are the same length, but the new one includes Barrier Reef, and it's $10 cheaper, per person.

Just trying to figure out why one with TWO snorkeling locations would be less expensive than one with ONE snorkeling location. Like I mentioned, the length is the same. Both are 5 1/2 hours.

Anybody have experience with the new excursion?

Thanks.

We are booking our excursion for Belize and had our mind made up on the "Shark, Rays & Island Getaway". We did it last year and loved it.

I just noticed they have a new, very similar excursion, "Sharks, Rays, Barrier Reef, and Island Escape".

I'm having a difficult time comparing the two. Both are the same length, but the new one includes Barrier Reef, and it's $10 cheaper, per person.

Just trying to figure out why one with TWO snorkeling locations would be less expensive than one with ONE snorkeling location. Like I mentioned, the length is the same. Both are 5 1/2 hours.

Anybody have experience with the new excursion?

Thanks.

Have you tried looking direct to Belize and see if you can find the same excursion? I did that for our tour as there were not a lot of reviews, I found it by checking out "what to do in Belize" found the tour and read reviews there. Carnival contracts with a company to do this so there should be something.

Good luck

Looking over the reviews of both of these excursions on the Carnival excursion site, it appears that the newer excursion takes you to Caye Caulker via the water taxi and transfers you to a snorkel boat there. Later start and less fish. Lunch is at Las Olas not the Lazy Lizard (which btw appears to have been heavily damaged in the recent hurricane). Maybe those two differences explain the price break. But IMAO if the excursion you did before was great and the description reads the same and the more recent reviews uphold what you thought of the excursion, don't let a measly $10pp get in your way of repeating what was a good time.

don't let a measly $10pp get in your way of repeating what was a good time.

Oh, good grief. That's not what I meant at all. :) When all is said and done, we will spend at least $8,000 on this trip. $10 difference isn't the issue! LOL

I'm just trying to figure out what the differences are. Just seemed odd that an excursion that had MORE would be less money.