Dining Room Attire Day 1

Cookie2boys

It's been 5 years since I've cruised. I'm not quite sure how I dressed to board the ship or if I changed clothing for dining. If I wear shorts to board do I have to pack other clothing in carry-on for the dining room just in case my luggage isn't at my room in time to get dressed?

First night is very relaxed as far as dress code, due to the fact that some don't have luggage yet. That was very thoughtful of you to carry some nice clothing in your luggage, but not really necessary. Common sense and cleanliness are really all that is needed.

It's been 5 years since I've cruised. I'm not quite sure how I dressed to board the ship or if I changed clothing for dining. If I wear shorts to board do I have to pack other clothing in carry-on for the dining room just in case my luggage isn't at my room in time to get dressed?

Shorts are permitted every night except Cruise Elegant.

Have a great trip!

Edited by BallFour4

Good to know, because the rules on shorts often contradict one another--in a single article, I saw "dress shorts" as okay for men followed almost immediately by "no shorts." My 13 year old sons have some golf shorts I hope they can wear at dinner on the non-formal nights because they don't have more than a few pairs of dress pants.

My 13 year old sons have some golf shorts I hope they can wear at dinner on the non-formal nights because they don't have more than a few pairs of dress pants.

On every non-formal night, my 13 year old wore nice shorts with a polo shirt, or button up Hawaiian shirt and was totally fine.

Good to know, because the rules on shorts often contradict one another--in a single article, I saw "dress shorts" as okay for men followed almost immediately by "no shorts." My 13 year old sons have some golf shorts I hope they can wear at dinner on the non-formal nights because they don't have more than a few pairs of dress pants.

That would be fine.

Throwing this out....

Even though you're wearing shorts to board......Should pack for an extra day or two in your carryon. Never know what can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app