Leaving from Galveston

meila

My family and I are leaving on Nov 27th from Galveston TX, can anyone recommend a nice hotel for us to stay at the night before we depart. We are driving down from Oklahoma. We are looking for a place close to the port so we won't have to spend all day Sunday driving.

Thanks very much..

First time cruisers and we are very excited...

Meila, we are sailing out of Galveston next January on the Rhapsody. Last January my son sailed out of Galveston on Carnival. They stayed at "Holiday Inn on the Beach" which is close to the ship ports. It's a nice hotel that will shuttle you to the docks (for free) and let you leave your car there at the hotel while you are gone (free again), so we made reservations to use that hotel this coming January. Just go to the Holiday Inn website and put in "Galveston". Be sure to pick the one with "on the beach" in it's name as there are 2 Holiday Inn's in Galveston.

Meila, we are sailing out of Galveston next January on the Rhapsody. Last January my son sailed out of Galveston on Carnival. They stayed at "Holiday Inn on the Beach" which is close to the ship ports. It's a nice hotel that will shuttle you to the docks (for free) and let you leave your car there at the hotel while you are gone (free again), so we made reservations to use that hotel this coming January. Just go to the Holiday Inn website and put in "Galveston". Be sure to pick the one with "on the beach" in it's name as there are 2 Holiday Inn's in Galveston.

Correction... I am finding when I go to HolidayInn.com it is bringing up a Holiday Inn in Niagra Falls. Just go to www.google.com and put in "holiday Inn in Galveston" and you'll get all the info you need. Hope this helps!!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Beach last year and are booked for 2/6 this year. Nice rooms, good servive, close to everything, free parking and shuttle service. It is OUR hotel when we go to Galveston.

Another option-haven't stayed yet but friends have-is Harbour House at Pier 21. We are staying there next weekend before we sail on Nov. 6th. It is ght by the piers for the cruise ships. I booked ours on Expedia when they had a special for $60ish/night. Unbelievable rate! I'll try to remember to let you know how it is. If not--look me up and send me a message.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived