spa/thermal suite week pass pricing

rjm11

Is there any discount on a 14 day cruise?

Hopefully someone will have a definitive answer for you. My last cruise was a 10-day on the Epic and I paid $149 or $159 purchasing my pass before sailing. Some on my roll call were on B2B and they paid $199 for the 21 days, so there was definitely a discount on that one. Hopefully there is for 14 days.

$199.00 + 18% gratuity per person for the week on The Escape!

They charged you a gratuity on the spa pass? Wow. I've purchased three and never been charged a gratuity. I read here on CC the price went up, so they're hitting us twice between a price hike and now charging a gratuity. :(

$199.00 + 18% gratuity per person for the week on The Escape!
beerman2, have you purchased the spa pass for your Escape sailing, or is this just the price you're seeing on MyNCL? I haven't seen anyone who has actually gone through and bought the pass say that they were charged an extra 18%. I know the website says that 18% will be added at check-out, it has said that ever since they started selling the spa pass on-line, but I have never been charged anything beyond the base price of the pass, and like I said, I don't know of anyone else who has been, either.

For those that got pass, would you had enjoyed spa more being on 14 floor, spa balcony/ mini suite.

I am asking because originally we booked a large balcony, I believe in 9, my other 6 friends all booked rooms there also. We then changed to spa balcony because I know my husband would love the spa. Now I wondering if I can get spa passes should I return our room back down by friends

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those that got pass, would you had enjoyed spa more being on 14 floor, spa balcony/ mini suite.

I am asking because originally we booked a large balcony, I believe in 9, my other 6 friends all booked rooms there also. We then changed to spa balcony because I know my husband would love the spa. Now I wondering if I can get spa passes should I return our room back down by friends

For me, it would be a matter of cost--was it less expensive to book a spa balcony than to book a regular balcony and purchase the spa passes? I'm sure it would be convenient to be nearer the spa, but I haven't been so far, so it's not big deal to me to walk to the spa from whichever floor my cabin is on. How important is it to you to be near your friends? I've never cruised with anyone but my immediate family, but when I think of cruising with friends, I really don't think it would be important to me to have a cabin near theirs. Weigh the pros and cons of each, and I would think the decision would be pretty easy from there...

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

beerman2, have you purchased the spa pass for your Escape sailing, or is this just the price you're seeing on MyNCL? I haven't seen anyone who has actually gone through and bought the pass say that they were charged an extra 18%. I know the website says that 18% will be added at check-out, it has said that ever since they started selling the spa pass on-line, but I have never been charged anything beyond the base price of the pass, and like I said, I don't know of anyone else who has been, either.

MyNCL was showing that when I looked.

I was actually able to upgrade to a spa balcony ( deck 15) H9 category for 248.00 total for the two of us.

Yes it is 179.00 if you pre purchase ( subject to change)!

Which ship? Spa balconies are usually no different from regular balconies, as far as the room and balcony are concerned. They are just balconies close to the spa.

I do think it's nice to be roughly towards the same end of the ship as the spa (fore or aft, depends on the ship), but I don't mind an elevator ride or a few flights of stairs. To me it would be more important to be near the rest of the group, assuming you are planning to do things together.