Inside to balcony for $ 300 worth it ?

It's for a family of 4 with two kids under 10. The perk now is third and fourth free and prepaid gratuities for two.

The net difference is $300 and basically it's for a bigger room and the balcony which I'm not sure if it's worth it because I've never had one and plus I figure we'll basically sleep in it and nothing else.

Sounds like you're simply unwilling to spend the extra money and that's a reasonable position. However, the balcony cabin difference isn't "just the balcony". There is a significant size difference in the cabin space. The bunk beds for the kids are over the adult beds, so you bend or bump your head when you exit over the side of the bed. In the balcony the kids sleeping area is with the sofa and the pull down over the sofa. The balcony also provides a second room while still being part of the cabin.

If the $300 isn't in your budget or comfort zone, let it pass, but it is an excellent deal. With an upsell you won't get a second perk so you'll still have to pay your service fees and my guess that is already over the $300 net you mentioned.

Personally I spent twice that amount last summer for our cruise and didn't get a second perk. I wasn't willing to squeeze the three of us into an inside for a week, my vacation time is limited and that wouldn't have been enjoyable. The 3bed balcony was perfect for us. This year our balcony will have the bunk for the 4th person and I may have the nephew sleep there so we can keep the sofa as available community space, even when he's sleeping late as teens do.

Go for it.

Even though we are not in our cabin all that much, we do like to sit on the balcony, to read and watch the sea. Sometimes you want to be outdoors, but not on the crowded pool deck.

I have never booked insides, because I need to be able to look outside when I'm in my cabin. Sometimes we book oceanviews with portholes, or picture windows.

Not sure if you stated your original deck with the inside cabin vs new deck with balcony cabin. That's something to consider... Location is important to some folks - what's above or below you may be noisy, etc. Enjoy your cruise vacation whatever you decide in the end!!

I had booked an inside cabin , no frills except for third and fourth free on the Getaway. I checked with my NCL consultant with the current prepaid service charge promo and the only thing that i might consider is that I can get a balcony for $ 300 USD total. Is that a decent deal or am I better off waiting for a possible upgrade offer ? Balcony is nice but it's one of those things that I can probably live without as I've never had one for my one other cruise eons ago.

Thanks .

Do it! Do it! Do it!!!!! :D

I had booked an inside cabin , no frills except for third and fourth free on the Getaway. I checked with my NCL consultant with the current prepaid service charge promo and the only thing that i might consider is that I can get a balcony for $ 300 USD total. Is that a decent deal or am I better off waiting for a possible upgrade offer ? Balcony is nice but it's one of those things that I can probably live without as I've never had one for my one other cruise eons ago.

Thanks .

Jump on it.