Carnival Vow Renewal

bhenson4

Hi all,

I am going to book a Carnival Vow Renewal for our family and friends sailing from Baltimore May 7-14th, 2017. We are excited to have a "wedding" for friends because we had a civil ceremony for just family. Has anyone booked the Deluxe Vow Renewal Package on Carnival? What can I expect? When I contacted Carnival they were very quick to steer me towards the more expensive full wedding packages, but the Deluxe Vow Renewal seems to offer the same things as the Time to Celebrate wedding package for half the cost. Like I said we are already married, what gives?

• 2 months later...

Have you decided on what to do?

My husband and I have just recently started considering a vow renewal cruise for friends and family. We ran off and got hitched in 2008 without telling anyone, so want to give my mom the experience of a wedding.

We were talking about not even bothering with a package because realistically. I want to do vows on a beach, and not on the boat. So we'd just do a group booking and have a good friend be the officiant, since we don't need a real one...

There's not a lot of talk on vow renewals on these threads though, so I'm not sure how much it'll work out.

We did a vow renewal on RCI for our 25th Anniversary and did it all ourselves using a family member as an officiant, booking an open bar/snacks after the ceremony and having a nice dinner in the alternative restaurant. Worked beautifully and was so much less expensive than booking a ship package. Our TA coordinated the entire event for the group.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...