Public (or inexpensive) Beaches near Falmouth

coldflame

Folks,

We'll be in Falmouth via Royal in September. The only options for beach -breaks they offer are all-inclusives and are preposterously expensive -- specially for us since we don't drink alcohol and are light eaters. We've been there once with DCL to a beach-break excursion pay-as-you-go and was reasonably priced, RCCL unfortunately doesn't offer that option. So, that leaves us with wanting a beach break but not sure where to go.

Any recommendations and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Folks,

We'll be in Falmouth via Royal in September. The only options for beach -breaks they offer are all-inclusives and are preposterously expensive -- specially for us since we don't drink alcohol and are light eaters. We've been there once with DCL to a beach-break excursion pay-as-you-go and was reasonably priced, RCCL unfortunately doesn't offer that option. So, that leaves us with wanting a beach break but not sure where to go.

Any recommendations and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Taxi/shuttle to Montego Bay... and go to Doctors Cave Beach club... 6 bucks to get in... 6 bucks for a chair... good deal... beautiful beach... was there last week :)

Taxi/shuttle to Montego Bay... and go to Doctors Cave Beach club... 6 bucks to get in... 6 bucks for a chair... good deal... beautiful beach... was there last week :)

How much, roughly, is the transport to/from Montego?

• 3 weeks later...

I too would love to hear about the cost of a shuttle from Falmouth to Montego Bay!!! I had tried to get an idea for a beach nearer to Falmouth but the only one I heard about was Burwood Beach and it doesn't sound so good...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BTW, last week we did our own thing to Burwood Beach. Absolutely gorgeous place. Very rustic, austere but lots of local warmth and flavor. Bathroom/shower facilities super clean. We took a cab (for 4), paid our foreigner entrance ($5/person) and it cost us 1/5 of what the cruise line was charging for a Beach Break.

Absolutely recommend.

BTW, last week we did our own thing to Burwood Beach. Absolutely gorgeous place. Very rustic, austere but lots of local warmth and flavor. Bathroom/shower facilities super clean. We took a cab (for 4), paid our foreigner entrance ($5/person) and it cost us 1/5 of what the cruise line was charging for a Beach Break.

Absolutely recommend.

how much did you pay for the cab ride? was it for the car or per person? Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
$10pp (round trip). Make sure to negotiate the price and the terms before you ride.

So, I guess they agree to come back for you? I would be worried they wouldn't come back.:eek: Are there cabs at the beach to take you back in case yours is a no show?

So, I guess they agree to come back for you? I would be worried they wouldn't come back.:eek: Are there cabs at the beach to take you back in case yours is a no show?

It's all setup up front. No worries, no stress. Once they drop you off Burwood beach the driver takes you "in" where you'll pay a few bucks as a tourist and will give you and the beach rep his "biz card" to call in case they're not there at the agreed upon time. Some taxis will ask for payment at the beach, some other will want payment at the end, it depends on how they do business -- but neither is bad or to be worried about. If it gives you peace of mind, schedule the pick up no later than 1:30 before your all-aboard time. We met some people who stayed until 1 hour before all aboard and made it to the ship with plenty of time to spare, but us being on the cautious side things had the pick up be 2h before all-aboard time.