Recent Epic Cruisers

BNL1213

How have the crowds been on the recent Epic cruises? do there seem to be any big gourps represented? I know a couple of months ago there were some groups from a big cosmetic company that was cruising and the group made up 1/3 of all passengers I thought. I am curious because my Roll Call is unbelievably quiet and when I check out on NCL a lot of the ship appears to be sold out. I fear a majority of passengers may be a big group and I will not be looking forward to that, if that's the case.

I'm boarding the Epic in less than two weeks, for the third time, and I can tell you there is no way to predict what the crowd will be like.

The first time I was on the Epic, on the Caribbean itinerary, half the passengers were from the car parts industry, from all over North America. They had one mandatory corporate event to attend, but mostly, it was a booze cruise for them!

This kind of corporate group is less frequent on the Med itinerary. On my other Epic trip, a B2B, although both weeks had different crowds, I did not notice any corporate group on board. You're more likely to see small groups from a specific country, traveling with the same travel agency.

Just back from a med cruise off the EPIC

It was packed due to summer school holidays in Spain and the Uk.

There was more Spanish on the ship than other nationalities but im guessing that because we sailed from Barcelona

Also a large group from Bahrain/Dubai but they were no trouble.

Only issue we had last time was a lge group of Eastern Europeans who practically took over the MDR for a wedding dinner .. Not a pretty sight :eek: and fortunately not repeated on any other night.

try to avoid school hols but I can imagine European and British school holidays being a bit of a nightmare on the Epic

Edited by ighten

How have the crowds been on the recent Epic cruises? do there seem to be any big gourps represented? I know a couple of months ago there were some groups from a big cosmetic company that was cruising and the group made up 1/3 of all passengers I thought. I am curious because my Roll Call is unbelievably quiet and when I check out on NCL a lot of the ship appears to be sold out. I fear a majority of passengers may be a big group and I will not be looking forward to that, if that's the case.

My advice would be to go and enjoy yourself.

I have been in July - and the cruise was full of children but i spent most of my time on my own balcony or I enjoyed the Med beaches during the port stops.

My last trip was in April. The best time for sightseeing as far as I am concerned, there were a larger number of Asian passengers than I have seen before - but they had excellent manners so I was very happy to sail with them.

I think I would love to cruise whatever the passenger mix.