HELP! Aft Balcony Question: Equinox

crobinv

We (DH, Sister, and her husband) are sailing for the first time ever with Celebrity on the Equinox. I have us booked into SV 8342/8340, but I read that you should try to go for a center cabin since the balconies are bigger. This is their first time cruising and our first time in an Aft Cabin (we usually cruise with our children and aft's don't accommodate a party of 4).

Deck 6 is available 6312/6315. Should I move us? Do you prefer Deck 6 over Deck 8?

We (DH, Sister, and her husband) are sailing for the first time ever with Celebrity on the Equinox. I have us booked into SV 8342/8340, but I read that you should try to go for a center cabin since the balconies are bigger. This is their first time cruising and our first time in an Aft Cabin (we usually cruise with our children and aft's don't accommodate a party of 4).

Deck 6 is available 6312/6315. Should I move us? Do you prefer Deck 6 over Deck 8?

When it comes to the wonderful cabins aft there is no wrong choice. BUT!:eek:

it will be harder for someone above to look down on a deck 6 balcony than 8.

aft.jpg.6bd44732b0db31195c1f92f874e8ef5b.jpg

We were on Eclipse in March with DD and SIL and had the same two cabins. The balconies appeared to be the same size as everyone else's, but I didn't really look closely. Two things I learned:

1. You can ask your cabin attendant to have the partition removed between your balconies. Only half of it is removable so you won't be able to sit all 4 of you on one balcony, but you will be able to have access to each other's cabin without having to go into the hallway, which was really nice.

2. There are only 2 elevator banks one is mid-ship and the other is forward. As long as no one in your party has difficulty walking, you'll be fine, but it's quite a long walk from the SV cabins to the main elevator, every time you want to leave your cabin.

I would stay on deck 8, deck 6 doesn't have as nice a view, IMHO, because of the MDR roof.....watching the wake is the most relaxing past-time ever...we really didn't want to leave the cabin. :D

I recently was in 8344, which I believe has the widest balcony on that deck. There is a service room used by the stewards next to it so the balcony extends into that space. It was wonderful. My friends were next door in 8353 (yes, it's a goofy # system!), and their balcony was not quite as wide. Deck 8 was great. Because this is not a concierge class cabin, we didn't have footstools. However, our cabin steward supplied us with a couple. And don't worry about any noise from the service room...it was a very quiet cabin.

Enjoy!

When it comes to the wonderful cabins aft there is no wrong choice. BUT!:eek:

it will be harder for someone above to look down on a deck 6 balcony than 8.

We stayed in a SV cabin once and LOVE IT. Yes, ppl can look down and see you but really only if you are on the rail. Sitting back in your lounge you are pretty much shielded from view. I will take a SV anytime!

I recently was in 8344, which I believe has the widest balcony on that deck. There is a service room used by the stewards next to it so the balcony extends into that space. It was wonderful. My friends were next door in 8353 (yes, it's a goofy # system!), and their balcony was not quite as wide. Deck 8 was great. Because this is not a concierge class cabin, we didn't have footstools. However, our cabin steward supplied us with a couple. And don't worry about any noise from the service room...it was a very quiet cabin.

Enjoy!

This is very true....once we closed the outer cabin door we didn't hear ANYTHING from outside. We were in the middle of the row, were you on the corner? That must have been nice you could see where you were going and where you had been!! I didn't ask for footstools, just used the rail...but we did complain about a very uncomfortable chair and it was replaced within 15 minutes. That was the first time we were not in concierge and to be honest, except for check in, we didn't notice much difference.

Edited by Hydrokitty

Hydrokitty,

8344 was right in the center of the sunset verandahs...like my own little oasis. Yes, people couple could see from above; and I could see the balconies below, but there never seemed to be a lot of people using their balconies! We did the Honolulu to Vancouver sailing, which included five sea days at the end...that's the specific reason for choosing the aft.

You are right about concierge...after two cruises in concierge, we opted out and found no difference at all on deck 8. Seems like unless you are suite, you are not highly respected by Celebrity...but that's another topic!!!