Ship board credits from TAs

SherryBandit

I just booked 2 Princess Cruises on my own. Princess will be giving me some credits. Since I've only paid the deposit, I can transfer these to a TA.

My regular TA wants my business, but says she can't give any credits from her office. An on-line TA is willing to give me a few hundreds bucks shipboard credit in addition to Princess. My normal TA says you're not suppose to do that. She says it's against some rule.

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

My delima is using someone I've known and used for years, or go the on-line route with someone I don't know but will end up getting $500 of shipboard credit.

Cruise lines have really cracked down on internet travel agents giving gifts, like gift cards, when they book a cruise with them, but there's absolutely nothing prohibiting a travel agent from buying you shipboard credits. Your regular travel agent is fudging the truth on that one probably because her agency can't afford to give the money.

Archived