Tomorrow makes single digits! Few questions:

Blitzburggirl

We're on the Glory for Western Carribean on the 27th! It's been about 5 years since our last cruise and some differences (in us and in Carnival lol) have me wondering about a few things.

First, it's my son (14) and I. And we are spending a few days in FL on either end of our cruise.

We used to drive to port (from NC) and there was no staggered checkin. We'd drive home directly after, so we'd self assist debark. This time we're flying.

This cruise... We have FTTF. And since we'll be spending the night in WPB and driving down to return the rental to the Miami airport and uber to the port, I would like to know what is the earliest to arrive?

On the return, we'll be ubering/shuttling to the airport to pick up another rental, and I'd really rather let the crowds die down and enjoy the ship as long as possible. We are easily capable of handing our own bags, but would it make sense to let Carnival handle them off the ship while we play til we have to leave? Again, FTTF, and I'd rather spend my time on a quiet ship as long as possible than to fight for a ride to the airport lol I don't have anything pressing going on and it's not like an early start on the road trip home will be a concern this time.

Also, what time do the shows tend to start at night (generally- but especially Glory.) I have read it's not easy to get a seat at punchliners if you have late dining? We do)

Sorry for the wordy questions! Also, if anyone happens to have kids that were recently in Circle C on Glory, I'd LOVE to hear about it!

Thank you!!

We're on the Glory for Western Carribean on the 27th! It's been about 5 years since our last cruise and some differences (in us and in Carnival lol) have me wondering about a few things.

First, it's my son (14) and I. And we are spending a few days in FL on either end of our cruise.

We used to drive to port (from NC) and there was no staggered checkin. We'd drive home directly after, so we'd self assist debark. This time we're flying.

This cruise... We have FTTF. And since we'll be spending the night in WPB and driving down to return the rental to the Miami airport and uber to the port, I would like to know what is the earliest to arrive?

When you log on to the Carnival website and complete your online check-in, one option is to choose a check in time. These are half hour increments. Passengers are not allowed in the port building until their check in time in certain ports, with Miami being one of them. Complete this as soon as possible so you can get the earliest time (10:00-10:30) available. This will determine what time to arrive at the port.

On the return, we'll be ubering/shuttling to the airport to pick up another rental, and I'd really rather let the crowds die down and enjoy the ship as long as possible. We are easily capable of handing our own bags, but would it make sense to let Carnival handle them off the ship while we play til we have to leave?

We like having access to our luggage on embarkation morning. This is more of a personal choice.

Again, FTTF, and I'd rather spend my time on a quiet ship as long as possible than to fight for a ride to the airport lol I don't have anything pressing going on and it's not like an early start on the road trip home will be a concern this time.

When we sailed Magic out of Galveston in 2014, we had a 6:00 PM flight back to Boston. We stayed on the ship until 10:30 AM, when the cruise director pleaded with the remaining passengers to leave. Cabins were to be vacated by 8:30 AM so we sat in the sun for quite a while.

Also, what time do the shows tend to start at night (generally- but especially Glory.) I have read it's not easy to get a seat at punchliners if you have late dining? We do)

Punchliner had family friendly shows, which are funnier than the adult shows in my opinion, at 7:30 and 8:00. The adult (18+) shows started around 9:45 or so.

Sorry for the wordy questions! Also, if anyone happens to have kids that were recently in Circle C on Glory, I'd LOVE to hear about it!

Our kids are 28 and 25, so no help with this one.

Thank you!!

You're welcome. Have a great cruise.

Edited by stargate fan

Thank you @stargate fan!

We have the earliest checkin... (I think) already, but didn't know if it could be even earlier with FTTF. I'm gold and wasn't sure if there were earlier slots for plat and diamond. Everything I read said we can go right after them. (yes, wow, impatient!! Heheheh! It HAS been five years, soooo yes... I can't wait to get on that ship!!)

Your magic debark is exactly what I was thinking! Lol 😂 Boston is our home now too!

I was thinking that I need to try to change my dining time!

My older daughter is 23 lol

Thank you @stargate fan!

We have the earliest checkin... (I think) already, but didn't know if it could be even earlier with FTTF. I'm gold and wasn't sure if there were earlier slots for plat and diamond. Everything I read said we can go right after them. (yes, wow, impatient!! Heheheh! It HAS been five years, soooo yes... I can't wait to get on that ship!!)

Your magic debark is exactly what I was thinking! Lol 😂 Boston is our home now too!

I was thinking that I need to try to change my dining time!

My older daughter is 23 lol

You are most welcome.

Your question about Platinum/Diamond/FTTF arriving earlier than the first check in time is a good one.

We have always gone to the port around 9:00 am, received our S&S cards, made friends with the port and security personnel, and watched the crowds roll in. I wonder if the port buildings are still open earlier than 10:00 AM or are no longer so.

Perhaps Your Time Dining could be a consideration so you can adjust when you eat based on night time activities.

We actually live about an hour north of Boston but JetBlue doesn't fly from Manchester, NH. We alternate between Worcester and Boston.

We were on the Conquest in June. One night we decided to go check out the comedy show after we ate. We got there with only about 30 minutes left in the show and it was standing room only. And there was hardly any room to stand, at that. When the show was over, there was already a very long line waiting for the next one that didn't start for another 30 minutes. So if you'd like to catch one, I'd say get there as early as possible and expect to stand in line if you want a seat. Granted, that was the only comedy show we went to during our whole cruise, so I can't guarantee they're that full every night, but be prepared.