Costa Maya Port

Banks822

Did you not call the number that they provide :confused:? There is a supervisor patrolling the area at all times . The golf cart rentals are reasonable. We had a blast :)

Our phone apparently did not have international privileges.. The guys who stopped to help,were extremely helpful. Not knocking the experience, $h1t happens... But I certainly would not recommend risking this with kids in tow on a very limited timeframe (the OP is only there 1/2 day). We love Costa Maya and find the Malecon beachfront area in Mahajual so much fun without having to venture too far... Great reasonable food and great vibe!

Our phone apparently did not have international privileges.. The guys who stopped to help,were extremely helpful. Not knocking the experience, $h1t happens... But I certainly would not recommend risking this with kids in tow on a very limited timeframe (the OP is only there 1/2 day). We love Costa Maya and find the Malecon beachfront area in Mahajual so much fun without having to venture too far... Great reasonable food and great vibe!

Yes been to Costa Maya Malecon beachfront area a few times. To much harassment for me :rolleyes: It would be even better if the local vendors did not harass cruisers, and let them decide which restaurant or beach area they wish to relax at.

Edited by BoDidly

I am late to the discussion, and I have only been here twice, but loved it both times. First time, was very early in Costa Maya as a port, and did a cruise ship tour to Chaccobean "sp" ruins. Loved it, but loved more the next time when we took a taxi to a beach in Mahajual "sp". Enjoyed the beach, drinks were included, and food extra. I would love to go back there in a heart beat.

On my next visit, I might check out one of the new places, or would still be happy to go back to Mahajual again. I just don't remember the name of the place we were at:confused:

I just HATE these mid afternoon departures. We are up against the same thing in San Juan next month.

There are beaches nearby. I'd recommend a cab. Check out Trip Advisor for recommendations.

The best thing to do there (IMHO) is the Mayan ruins tour and Mayan family experience offered by Native Son. But I don't think you have enough time even for just the ruins tour.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! This is the first time that we've had to be back on board so early. We will make the best of it though.

I went to Costa Maya on our honeymoon cruise in 2003!! It's been a long time. I remember when it was wiped out by a hurricane in 2007. We did a bike and kayak excursion and loved it. We really enjoyed Costa Maya.

Edited by Racegirl6

I would recommend staying on the ship and enjoying time when others are at port while at Costa Maya. There's not a lot to do there and it was hotter and more humid than anywhere I've ever been when we were there on DEC 4th last year.

I did ask the question on the port of call board, but nobody has responded. I have not been to Costa Maya yet so I'm not sure if there is a beach nearby or will we need an excursion. Since we leave at 2pm, I don't want to go to far from the ship.

I looked into Blue Kay, but that's all I've been able to find. Any suggestions on what to do with 4 teens that won't break the bank would be great!

Here is a picture of the port ...

P1-CostaMaya.jpg

Here is a picture inside the port area. That pool is free to use and only cruise passengers have access to it ...

P2-CostaMayapool.jpg

Refresh my memory please!

Seems I remember being able to take some sort of shuttle for the long walk from where the ship docks to the terminal area. ?????

LuLu

So you are the one that took it. They want it back!

we were there before the big hurricane struck.i think we paid $10 dollars each way into the town .we walked down the so called beach road and found a little beach bar.drinks were cheap.lots of small shops.massages are cheap.water is clear but has coral in it..there is deep spots between the smooth coral.drinks at the port was $17 for a beer and margarita.at the beach club ,we spent less than $30 for drinks.nothing fancy in the town.enjoy