Best time to arrive at Galveston?

aussievc

My group of 6 will be staying at a hotel in Galveston about 10 minutes from the port and I'm wondering what is a good time to arrive at the cruise terminal? We are sailing on RC Liberty and we're a mix of Platinum and Gold status if that matters. This is our first time sailing out of Galveston and we want to go early to avoid most of the arriving crowds but don't want to be there too early. We want to do our best to avoid long lines. I will be arranging private car service from hotel to port.

From most any hotel in Galveston, it's only about 15 minute drive to the cruise terminal. I cannot speak for Royal Caribbean, but for Carnival we always arrived about 10AM. They will not start boarding until all passengers are off, which would be about 11:30-ish. But Galveston terminals have comfortable waiting areas.

We arrived about 10:00 AM in April when we sailed. There had been a delay but I am not sure what caused it. We weren't able to get on the ship until later than normal but we just sat and people-watched. We did get on sooner than they told us it would be. So that was nice.

Galveston is really easy to get around in. That is why we usually go there instead of New Orleans. We like to drive to port.

Hope you have a great cruise!

My wife and I usually have breakfast at the Original Mexican Cafe and look to be at the terminal around 11:30-12:00.

Cool - one of our have to fixes of eateries! We live in Galveston!

Others are:

Sunflower Bakery

Star Drugs

Mosquito Cafe