ms Noordam visiting Juneau, AK - August 18, 2016

Copper10-8

I was up really early today, but didn't bother checking in until now (8 a.m.), and it's all over!:eek::confused: Oh well, it sounds like there wasn't much to see, through all the raindrops. Hope for better luck this evening.

I didn't think that Celebrity was in Carnival Corp, was I wrong??

Nope; you're right and I'm wrong! :o Celebrity belongs in the Royal Caribbean group, along with CDF Croisieres de France, Pullmantur Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises

Nope; you're right and I'm wrong! :o Celebrity belongs in the Royal Caribbean group, along with CDF Croisieres de France, Pullmantur Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises

Considering all the information you give us, one tiny, little speed bump is nothing. I just wanted to make sure there hadn't been another takeover/inclusion that I had missed. Carnival Corp is pretty big.

Coast Guard Station Juneau is busy this morning! "RB-M" (Rescue Boat-Medium) and "RB-S" (Rescue Boat-Small) the five digit numbers behind the "RB, etc." are the individual boat numbers

USCGRBM-18589.jpg

USCG Rescue Boat-Medium (RB-M), a 45-footer

800px-USCG_defender_class_NY_harbor.jpg

USCG Response Boat-Small (RB-S), a 25-footer

Oh, so close but that's weather in the panhandle. :o Warm front pushing onshore and the high pressure ridge retrograded a bit - hence more rain for Juneau but nice not too far south of there. Wish we could get some of that rain in the Seattle area (never thought I'd say THAT!) - red flag fire warning has been raised and 90° the next few days and yesterday multiple grass fires broke out around Puget Sound.

I complain about the heat and humidity here but there is no way I could live in Juneau!:eek:

It reminds me of winter in Michigan; just replace the rain with snow and leave it overcast. The reason I live in Florida - besides the cold - it depressed me so much.

Nothing more to see - see you tomorrow for ms Volendam.

I guess a crappy day all along in Juneau today!

Sorry about that U.S. women's volleyball team loss today, HAS!:( My guys, the Dutch national field hocket team lost to the Germans in a shoot out. The Germans got revenge for yesterday

Sorry about that U.S. women's volleyball team loss today, HAS!:( My guys, the Dutch national field hocket team lost to the Germans in a shoot out. The Germans got revenge for yesterday

Besides losing the match, the loss of our great MB is distressing. If the Dutch women win tonight I can root for both teams on Saturday. [My mother's side of the family was pure Dutch. Her mother and father were both born in the Netherlands; her younger sister's family is still 'pure'.]

Besides losing the match, the loss of our great MB is distressing. If the Dutch women win tonight I can root for both teams on Saturday. [My mother's side of the family was pure Dutch. Her mother and father were both born in the Netherlands; her younger sister's family is still 'pure'.]

Well, Dutch volleyball girls dropped the ball vs PRC :( so it's U.S.A. vs Holland anyway but for 3rd place/a bronze medal

• 2 weeks later...

ms Noordam, the youngest of HAL's four Vista-class vessels, will make an early arrival in Juneau, AK, tomorrow, the first day of September, 2016 @ 0800 (08:00 am) local, and is assigned her 'normal' berth at the Cruise Terminal (CT) dock. Her departure time is set for 1800 hrs. (6:00 pm) local

The action can be seen, and usually heard, at:

http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

There are two other cruise ships in port Thursday; the first is Celebrity Infinity scheduled for the Alaska Juneau (AJ) dock (0730-2000) and the other Princess Cruises' Grand Princess going to Franklin Street (FKL) dock (1330-2200).