I need help please

jdarch

I was just wondering if someone who has been to St. Kitts could tell me if it's a good idea just to get off the ship and find a taxi? I was thinking to just do an island tour this way. That way we can go where we want on our own time frame. Wasn't sure if taxis just take you from point A to point B or if they would do an island tour for us not prebooked. Do you think it's safe and a good idea?

Thank you

I was just wondering if someone who has been to St. Kitts could tell me if it's a good idea just to get off the ship and find a taxi? I was thinking to just do an island tour this way. That way we can go where we want on our own time frame. Wasn't sure if taxis just take you from point A to point B or if they would do an island tour for us not prebooked. Do you think it's safe and a good idea?

Thank you

We did it that way last time we were there. I think it was 50 for both of us. He drove us on a little tour. We went to Brimstone (we paid entry fee) and saw more sights on the way back. Found it to be safe and easy.

IRC we exited the port turned a slight left and walked toward the town square. A block or two.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you

I was there a couple of weeks ago on my first cruise. If you're familiar and comfortable with the Caribbean Islands then I would say you can try it, only of the driver comes recommended by someone who used them. I went on a RCCL tour called "Essential St. Kitts." The tour took us to Brimstone Fortress and Romney Manor. It was a nice introduction to the island as the driver narrated. The problem with the tour was the operator, Caribbean Journey Masters (CJM). The bus was dirty and the AC was not working. I told this to RCCL and they refunded me 20%. FWIW, the tours I took with Foster-Ince on other islands were excellent and used clean buses.

If I were to do it all over again I would use a reputable private company on St. Kitts. I'm sure this forum and of course tripadvisor has lots of them. Their buses will be better maintained and the quality of the tour will likely be higher. The reason why I didn't use a private operator this first time was because I just wanted the extra comfort level using a ship excursion. But next time, now knowing "the drill" and what to expect at the port, I'll be more confident in using a private company.

The only time I used taxis was when we went to the beach. It was easy and cost effective. But for touring, I would only use a bonafide tour company because you don't know what you're getting with taxi drivers. It just isn't worth the risk to me when the overall cost is such a small part of the vacation and you only have that one day.

I was there a couple of weeks ago on my first cruise. If you're familiar and comfortable with the Caribbean Islands then I would say you can try it, only of the driver comes recommended by someone who used them. I went on a RCCL tour called "Essential St. Kitts." The tour took us to Brimstone Fortress and Romney Manor. It was a nice introduction to the island as the driver narrated. The problem with the tour was the operator, Caribbean Journey Masters (CJM). The bus was dirty and the AC was not working. I told this to RCCL and they refunded me 20%. FWIW, the tours I took with Foster-Ince on other islands were excellent and used clean buses.

If I were to do it all over again I would use a reputable private company on St. Kitts. I'm sure this forum and of course tripadvisor has lots of them. Their buses will be better maintained and the quality of the tour will likely be higher. The reason why I didn't use a private operator this first time was because I just wanted the extra comfort level using a ship excursion. But next time, now knowing "the drill" and what to expect at the port, I'll be more confident in using a private company.

The only time I used taxis was when we went to the beach. It was easy and cost effective. But for touring, I would only use a bonafide tour company because you don't know what you're getting with taxi drivers. It just isn't worth the risk to me when the overall cost is such a small part of the vacation and you only have that one day.

Thank you...that does help