Dining with FTTF

Koopaloop

Hi everyone! My husband and I are going to be on the Breeze for our first cruise in September and I had a few questions regarding dining times. When we originally booked, we selected the late seating, but are now thinking that we would rather do your time dining because we would prefer to not have to share a table with others as well as for the convenience of being able to eat whenever we like. However, your time dining is now waitlisted. We have purchased FTTF, which I think provides "priority" for preferred dining time, but I'm not sure I understand what exactly that means. I don't think it means that we will get our chosen time no matter what, just that we have priority on the waitlist over others who have not purchased the package. When I logged into my Carnival account to request your time dining, I selected the "edit" link next to our current dining time and picked Your Time, then submitted the change. I thought that it would show that I was on the waitlist send and email or something but I can't find that anywhere. So I guess my main issue is how do I know I'm on the waitlist? We booked the cruise through a third party website if that makes any difference. Also, if someone could please help me understand how much "priority" (if any) I'll have in getting your time dining. Sorry for such a long post for what is a very simple question. I appreciate any help you can provide. I've learned so much from this forum already!:D

Hi everyone! My husband and I are going to be on the Breeze for our first cruise in September and I had a few questions regarding dining times. When we originally booked, we selected the late seating, but are now thinking that we would rather do your time dining because we would prefer to not have to share a table with others as well as for the convenience of being able to eat whenever we like. However, your time dining is now waitlisted. We have purchased FTTF, which I think provides "priority" for preferred dining time, but I'm not sure I understand what exactly that means. I don't think it means that we will get our chosen time no matter what, just that we have priority on the waitlist over others who have not purchased the package. When I logged into my Carnival account to request your time dining, I selected the "edit" link next to our current dining time and picked Your Time, then submitted the change. I thought that it would show that I was on the waitlist send and email or something but I can't find that anywhere. So I guess my main issue is how do I know I'm on the waitlist? We booked the cruise through a third party website if that makes any difference. Also, if someone could please help me understand how much "priority" (if any) I'll have in getting your time dining. Sorry for such a long post for what is a very simple question. I appreciate any help you can provide. I've learned so much from this forum already!:D

If you log back into your account, it should show YTD as either "confirmed" or "waitlisted."

If you are waitlisted, close to your sailing, the Maitre d' will begin processing waitlisted requested. They will be honored in the following order:

• Diamonds (guaranteed their desired time)
  • Platinum
  • FTTF
  • All others

FTTF does off priority dining time selection, but that falls behind Diamond and Platinum.

Happy cruising!!

Oh wow. I've never seen anyone mention that. Thanks for clearing it up!

Me neither. But if it does, I'm sure it doesn't mean you can automatically change your time, but means you are on a priority list to get next in line for the change if an opening becomes available.

Once when we had FTTF and YTD there was about a 30 minute wait for a table. We were given a light-up pager to alert us when our table was ready. There were many others in front of us with the pagers and, as I understand it, we could have pointed out that we had FTTF and been moved to the front of the line. That just wouldn't feel right so we sat in the atrium and listened to music until our turn. But, I do believe that that is an option. If we had been traveling with a small hungry child we would have probably taken advantage of that perk!

Once when we had FTTF and YTD there was about a 30 minute wait for a table. We were given a light-up pager to alert us when our table was ready. There were many others in front of us with the pagers and, as I understand it, we could have pointed out that we had FTTF and been moved to the front of the line. That just wouldn't feel right so we sat in the atrium and listened to music until our turn. But, I do believe that that is an option. If we had been traveling with a small hungry child we would have probably taken advantage of that perk!

No that is not how it works. FTTF only gives you preference in getting assigned the actual dinner seating such as Early, Late, Anytime.

If there is a waitlist then they will assign Platinums first, then FTTF, then everyone else when they start clearing the waitlist.

From the FTTF info on Carnival:

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Edited by firemanbobswife

Nope FTTF does not move you to the "front of the line" on most ships. As others have said, it just gives you a slight priority over those who don't have it when requesting a dining time. With that said, I have heard that on the new Vista, Diamond, Platinum and (possibly, but not 100% sure) FTTF have a separate entrance to the dining room and DO get seated ahead of those that aren't diamond/platinum/fttf.

Nope FTTF does not move you to the "front of the line" on most ships. As others have said, it just gives you a slight priority over those who don't have it when requesting a dining time. With that said, I have heard that on the new Vista, Diamond, Platinum and (possibly, but not 100% sure) FTTF have a separate entrance to the dining room and DO get seated ahead of those that aren't diamond/platinum/fttf.

Haven't heard that for FTTF, only Diamond/Platinum.

If you log back into your account, it should show YTD as either "confirmed" or "waitlisted."

If you are waitlisted, close to your sailing, the Maitre d' will begin processing waitlisted requested. They will be honored in the following order:

• Diamonds (guaranteed their desired time)
  • Platinum
  • FTTF
  • All others

FTTF does off priority dining time selection, but that falls behind Diamond and Platinum.

Happy cruising!!

Thanks so much for this! I've read around a lot so I figured that this was probably how it works. My only problem is that I'm not seeing anywhere on my Carnival account that I am actually on the waitlist for YTD. I tried more than once to update it (if it's actually putting me on the waitlist I might show up about five times lol) and it lets me choose the new option and submit, then reloads the webpage but nothing changes. It still shows Late Dining (Confirmed). We booked the cruise through a third party website and I thought maybe we might have to call their customer service to request a change and maybe that's why it is not updating on Carnival's site? I know right after we booked, we needed to make a change to our reservation (silly me spelled my own name wrong, then was so excited to be booking a cruise that I didn't verify the info before I finished booking lol:eek:) and we tried to call Carnival, but they redirected us to the other site to make the change, so maybe that's what we need to do here.

I understand that all this might be for nothing, I just want to make sure that we're on the waitlist just in case something opens up. Thanks again for everyone's replies!

If that doesn't work, when you board the ship, there will be a time for visiting the Maitre`d at the main dining room.

You can find it in the Fun Times which many of the people wearing Ask Me t-shirts will have or you can get one at Guest Services.

Go there and make your request. If they can't change you, you can request a table for 2 for your Assigned Dining. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Hope I don't jinx myself, but we have been incredibly lucky. We did not like the "assigned" dining. We are sociable other times but choose, to dine only with each other. Have had FTTF since when it was 1st available. I really don't think it made a difference. Before and after it was available, (when we realized we did not want to sit with others) we just simply said we wanted a 2 top for dining. 1st time we did this, they moved our table about 2", away from another. After that, we insisted on a true 2 top. We let them know that if we had to wait, it would not be a problem. So far, we have never even been given a pager, just were seated. Good luck and have a great cruise.:)

As Platinum we've only been pulled to the head of the ATD line a few times- twice where the hostess needed to fill a table and knew we never care where we sit; a mixed group of Platinum/Diamond, including the most traveled (and oldest) onboard.

Every time else we've waited with everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As Platinum we've only been pulled to the head of the ATD line a few times- twice where the hostess needed to fill a table and knew we never care where we sit; a mixed group of Platinum/Diamond, including the most traveled (and oldest) onboard.

Every time else we've waited with everyone else.

Same experience. Also, we've been wait listed for Early Seating dining right up to the day of sailing. This happened when we booked a cruise from Galveston a few days before sailing. Diamond is in sight, not close, but in sight. :)

Edited by BallFour4

Thanks so much for this! I've read around a lot so I figured that this was probably how it works. My only problem is that I'm not seeing anywhere on my Carnival account that I am actually on the waitlist for YTD. I tried more than once to update it (if it's actually putting me on the waitlist I might show up about five times lol) and it lets me choose the new option and submit, then reloads the webpage but nothing changes. It still shows Late Dining (Confirmed). We booked the cruise through a third party website and I thought maybe we might have to call their customer service to request a change and maybe that's why it is not updating on Carnival's site? I know right after we booked, we needed to make a change to our reservation (silly me spelled my own name wrong, then was so excited to be booking a cruise that I didn't verify the info before I finished booking lol:eek:) and we tried to call Carnival, but they redirected us to the other site to make the change, so maybe that's what we need to do here.

I understand that all this might be for nothing, I just want to make sure that we're on the waitlist just in case something opens up. Thanks again for everyone's replies!

I have recently experienced both of your issues. Needing to change from late dining to YTD and also having FTTF. I tried changing it myself on the Carnival website but it wouldn't take it. We used a travel agent for our booking, so a simple email to her had the dining changed to YTD. When I checked it on Carnival it showed as waitlisted for YTD. The next day FTTF became available and I purchased it. I checked our reservation again a day or two later and YTD had been changed to confirmed. Hope this helps.

Trying to get some clarification here. So, if you book FTTF you get priority seating for YTD? And if you want a set seating time but it is full, you can get bumped above others on the wait list?

Don't believe so - this is listed in a prior post

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Edited by lizardhowson

Trying to get some clarification here. So, if you book FTTF you get priority seating for YTD? And if you want a set seating time but it is full, you can get bumped above others on the wait list?

Yes and no. You do not get priority SEATING for YTD (you do not get bumped to the head of the line). You get priority when assigning dining times (see my previous post).

You are correct. I should think a little more before I type. It's only for Diamond/Platinum on Vista, not FTTF.

I must have missed this about Diamond/Platinum having their own entrance to the dining room. Could you post a link or let me know where to find that. Is that one of the changes John Heald was talking about coming? Thanks

I must have missed this about Diamond/Platinum having their own entrance to the dining room. Could you post a link or let me know where to find that. Is that one of the changes John Heald was talking about coming? Thanks

It's only on Vista right now and unknown if it will become fleet wide. You can see it on one of his first videos he posted from the ship. It has also been discussed in other threads by people who have experienced it.

It's only on Vista right now and unknown if it will become fleet wide. You can see it on one of his first videos he posted from the ship. It has also been discussed in other threads by people who have experienced it.

Thank you for the reply. That sounds great. I sure did miss that one. Guess I better go do a little research and see if John Heald still has those videos up. I don't have the Vista booked yet, but see it in my future. Thanks again.