Escape w/ Toddlers Shore Ex. HELP

jgallow

Hey Everyone. We are frequent NCL cruisers and cruisers in general but this will be our first time bringing the kids along so we need some help! We're sailing on the Escape in January and have been to St Thomas/Nassau several times but never with a 3 year old.

What should we do in St Thomas/Tortola/Nassau that you've found actually works/can be enjoyable with small children? Ours is 3 and we are traveling with another couple who has a 5 year old and 2 year old.

THANK YOU!

St Thomas -

Here is link to a thread from the St Thomas port of call board where I posted some information on Coki Beach / Coral World for someone that was also sailing with children. Some photos are included as well as link to Coral World website.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2074968&highlight=coki+beach

Sailed Escape in May with our 3 and 5 yr old boys. We were going to do Atlantis in Nassau but instead opted to stay on the ship. They had almost free reign of the water slides, pool, and there were a couple of kids in the splash zone to play with. We had a blast.

St Thomas a beach day is probably easiest. Coki seems to be the most popular and has an aquarium right beside.

We did Cane Garden Bay in Tortola - fantastic beach day.

St Thomas -

Here is link to a thread from the St Thomas port of call board where I posted some information on Coki Beach / Coral World for someone that was also sailing with children. Some photos are included as well as link to Coral World website.

We did this with a 4 year old girl last winter. We booked through the ship, a much shorter excursion than some independent ones. She was bored pretty quickly. Because we picked the shorter one we didn't come prepared for beach. But boy did she love it. In her clothes. We stayed on board for Tortilla ship she could enjoy the kid pool area without so many older kids running through it from time to time

In Nassau we did a ships photo session

They took us

past Atlantis to the public beach

It was awesome

Grab a towel and go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by sunnydaygirl

The botanic gardens in Nassau are perfect for little ones.

Marching flamingos, birds to feed, monkeys in trees-lots of nature and plenty to keep toddlers interested

It is better than described on their website.

The drive is not long

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had our girls with us (6 and 2.5) on Escape in Nov and we just did beach days... Magens Bay in St. Thomas and Brewers Bay in Tortola. Got open air buses right when we got off the ship, didn't plan anything in advance. Cheap and easy. Nassau we took advantage of the empty ship in the morning and got off around 3pm and shopped a little and came back. Check out my review in my signature too, lots of pictures and daily info!

Hey Everyone. We are frequent NCL cruisers and cruisers in general but this will be our first time bringing the kids along so we need some help! We're sailing on the Escape in January and have been to St Thomas/Nassau several times but never with a 3 year old.

What should we do in St Thomas/Tortola/Nassau that you've found actually works/can be enjoyable with small children? Ours is 3 and we are traveling with another couple who has a 5 year old and 2 year old.

THANK YOU!

St Thomas:

Coral World: https://coralworldvi.com

Nassau:

Pirates of Nassau museum: http://www.piratesofnassau.com/index.html

or

Blue Lagoon: http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com

Tortola: Cane Garden Bay Beach - with wild chickens and gentle water is best for toddlers. When your kids are older - where the 2 and 3 year olds are old enough to manage rock climbing and know how to swim (probably age 7 or so), then go over to Virgin Gorda from Tortola to The Baths, but for now, Cane Garden Bay Beach is the best choice for families with young children.

The botanic gardens in Nassau was a hit with our 4 y/o grandson - we walked from the ship - stroller friendly. On our way back, strolled through downtown, the shops are right by the ship, we did our souvenir and thank-you gift shopping.

St. Thomas - The open air bus ride right at the port to Megan's Bay is a tour in itself! Amazing beach with kid-friendly sand and calm/shallow water. There is a bar and they serve a variety of food, including "KIDS Selections". Very clean restrooms with showers. The buses run constantly, so no scheduling needed.

I just got off of the Escape on Sunday. You only have 6 hours in Nassau, it is not enough time to do much. Atlantis Waterpark really can't be done in that amount of time. I would stay on the ship and have a great time in the pool.

Coral World was terrible. Most of the coral was dead and was a gray color. The building had air conditioning but it barely worked which made it hot and sticky. I wouldn't waste the money on Coral World.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St Thomas -

Thanks for the link. Useful info on posts that you put in the thread