Pub Crawl on the Breakaway....

KSU Fan69

few questions. Is this a thing? Have they done it before and no longer do and if they don't anymore why? I think it would be a blast as long as there was a limit set on the number that can participate and the time of day it was done. Thoughts?

We used to sign up for the pub crawls on other NCL ships. Was a lot fun. The crew was great at holding these. We did like 10 bars in an hour drinking a lot on the way. Was quite loud and boisterous. We even got t shirts that we survived the NCL pub crawl. Didn't see one on the getaway or would have signed up. Haven't heard if there is one on the breakaway. Each group was like 25 people.

We've done our own through the Roll Call since the official ones are gone. It does help that most people have UBP. Also, if you want to do an "actually visit all the pubs" pub crawl, instead of "let's get hammered" pub crawl, you may want to do it over a couple of sea days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The NCL pub crawls were only like $25 a person. You got 10

Drinks. Anywhere from beer to martinis to other concoctions. Was a lot of phone and the games we

Played were a blast at each bar. There was no way I could drink all that so I alway took a sip and passed it to my husband. He was pretty lit. Lol

I bet Ncl was more than happy to have pub crawls in the days before the advent of free ubp. Lol

The drinks on a pub crawl aren't free and it was in Ncls best interest to push them when the pax were paying out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The drinks on the Pub Crawl were free. You paid $25 and you received a drink at each stop along the way. The only problem was that you had to finish that drink before moving to the next pub, very limited time to chug it down. My thoughts are that the NCL pub crawls no longer are held because no one is going to $25 if they already have UBP.

Never heard of an "official NCL sanctioned" pub crawl, but we organized one through our roll call/meet and greet... We did overwhelm the bartender at the first stop. We sent someone ahead to the next stop and warned them that they were soon to be swamped with customers. They made up a large batch of one of their signature mojitos, and things went more smoothly after that...

I've been on the officially sanctioned crawls on the dawn, epic, and spirit.

Do you know if they still do it on the Dawn? We did one on Spirit and it was a blast, we are hoping they still do it on Dawn as we are booked for the Christmas cruise and are trying to gather as much info as possible.

I don't think they have official ones anywhere any longer. My son and I went on one Christmas 2011 on the Pearl, but when I asked on the Jewel in 2013, I was told they didn't have them any longer.

Considering the noise we made in 2011, I'm not that surprised. We played pub games (well, my son and I watched in a mix of horror and amusement) and covered most of the ship. The moment where they had a chugging contest for the ladies (longneck beers with a straw), and one finished and then poured a half bottle of beer over a young gentleman's head (she thought it was empty!) was pretty unforgettable.

I was expecting a more sedate pub crawl, not a fraternity party, but it was fun (yes, I was the oldest one there, and I was 51, and I seemed ancient.)

The DIY pub crawl on the Jade last February was more peaceful, and we just took turns choosing drinks. Of course, on the DIY crawl, you get full-sized drinks, and the crowd was older, so I think most of the participants decided a nap was a good finish.

I put a feeler out in our Roll call but not sure how it will be received. Feel as if my wife and I might be a bit younger than most of the crusiers on there.

The 9/4 cruise? I'll be cruising with my fiancee and another 6 or so people. we'll be on an almost constant pub crawl lol.

I feel like, with the UBP, you can just sorta go to any bar whenever you want.

It's just the environment, games and toasts that makes it more fun. We really enjoyed it. We also did on on HAL's Eurodam which was also very fun. Drinking with a big group of people is always a great time!

The 9/4 cruise? I'll be cruising with my fiancee and another 6 or so people. we'll be on an almost constant pub crawl lol.

Yes BrandoMan. I will be getting a good use of the UBP and maybe we can hook up at some point. My wife and I are 40 and 36. She will partake but not like me.

We had mostly people in our 30s and 40s in our crawls. There were a few older including myself and my husband. The point isn't free drinks. It's the experience of it and a lot of fun. The games can get raunchy but hysterical. And yes one was having the ladies drink an entire beer through a straw. I was the oldest and I won that one. Lmao

few questions. Is this a thing? Have they done it before and no longer do and if they don't anymore why? I think it would be a blast as long as there was a limit set on the number that can participate and the time of day it was done. Thoughts?

I'm assuming from your screen name you've spent some time in Manhattan. DH and I were there from 1963 to 1969. DH grew up in Overland Park.

We've done 4 cruises on the Breakaway but never done a pub crawl. Love the Breakaway.

I'm assuming from your screen name you've spent some time in Manhattan. DH and I were there from 1963 to 1969. DH grew up in Overland Park.

We've done 4 cruises on the Breakaway but never done a pub crawl. Love the Breakaway.

Yes Granny. Graduated in 2001 and now live in Olathe. Grew up in Leavenworth.

We had mostly people in our 30s and 40s in our crawls. There were a few older including myself and my husband. The point isn't free drinks. It's the experience of it and a lot of fun. The games can get raunchy but hysterical. And yes one was having the ladies drink an entire beer through a straw. I was the oldest and I won that one. Lmao

Must have been really fun. Hope we have one on our next.

I don't think they have official ones anywhere any longer. My son and I went on one Christmas 2011 on the Pearl, but when I asked on the Jewel in 2013, I was told they didn't have them any longer.

Considering the noise we made in 2011, I'm not that surprised. We played pub games (well, my son and I watched in a mix of horror and amusement) and covered most of the ship. The moment where they had a chugging contest for the ladies (longneck beers with a straw), and one finished and then poured a half bottle of beer over a young gentleman's head (she thought it was empty!) was pretty unforgettable.

I was expecting a more sedate pub crawl, not a fraternity party, but it was fun (yes, I was the oldest one there, and I was 51, and I seemed ancient.)

The DIY pub crawl on the Jade last February was more peaceful, and we just took turns choosing drinks. Of course, on the DIY crawl, you get full-sized drinks, and the crowd was older, so I think most of the participants decided a nap was a good finish.

I'm trying to plan a pub crawl on my February getaway role call. I've never even been on a pub crawl, so I was hoping that you had some ideas from your experiences.

I thought about doing a Bar Bingo card. And Drink & Draw, in 2 teams. And I found a Pub Poker game that just involved being dealt 1 card in each of 5 bars and then showing your hand to see who wins (maybe a prize, or the right to pick a drink that everyone has to drink ??)

I think we should start it after the M&M, at O'Sheehan's or Margaritaville, so we can grab lunch before we start. I also plan on printing out a list of drinks that are off the beaten path, and how to make them. Will the bartenders do that as long as the ingredients aren't too exotic ?

I think ours will be a more sedate crawl but I would like to make it fun. What about a tee shirt signed by all the crawlers, bartenders, other bar patrons, officers and passerby's who want to ? Would that be a good "prize" ?

I also have a list of stupid comments and complaints (the sea is too loud, I can't sleep) to do a T/F quiz on. I'm so worried about people being bored and sorry I suggested the crawl.

Thanks for any help and ideas you can give me.

Kristine

• 5 weeks later...

Our last pub crawl was pretty sedate, but not in a bad way. We took turns ordering drinks and we all had UDP so we would actually take time to enjoy the drinks, rather than chugging and running.

You won't make all the bars on s megaship in one crawl unless you all have livers of steel. (If you do make all the bars in one trip, there are Friends of Bill meetings onboard.)

I would pick a handful of bars, meet at the first one, pick a drink and see what happens.

The bartenders can do a lot for tips but if it's a large group, I would keep the requests simple.

I like the Pub Poker idea.

I always wanted to combine a pub crawl and a cabin crawl. It would be a progressive dinner, only with drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums