What Hotels Will Be Open in FLL for Nov 6??

girlbuffalo1

Well we have been faced with the bad news that our hotel will not be opening until after the 7th--which we were supposed to stay the 6th. I booked through priceline--so within a couple days they will be giving us a refund.

Now we are faced with no where to stay. Holiday Inn said their Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale by the Sea property will be open but after looking at the tripadvisor reviews I think we would rather not stay there...is there any other way besides calling every hotel that I can find out what is open.

Anyone know of anyplace.

This is turning into a nightmare--this is supposed to be our wedding night! ACK!

Here's the latest from Sheraton's website:

STARWOOD HOTELS & RESORTS ALERT REGARDING HURRICANES

October 27, 2005

Following the recovery efforts from Hurricane Wilma, five of Starwoood’s 13 hotels in South Florida are fully operational and guest-ready with an additional seven hotels expected to open in the next few days. Starwood’s recovery teams worked quickly and efficiently to bring the hotels back on line resulting in swift re-openings. The Sheraton and Westin at Our Lucaya Beach & Golf Resort on Grand Bahama Island were virtually spared from any damage and never closed.

As of today, Thursday, October 27, 2005 the following hotels are open for business:

The Atlantic, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Sheraton Yankee Trader, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Sheraton Miami Mart, Miami, FL

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, Miami, FL

Sheraton Beach Resort Key Largo, Key Largo, FL

The following is a schedule of hotels due to open in the next several days:

Sheraton Suites Key West, Key West, FL. – Friday, October 29, 2005

The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, FL – Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Diplomat Country Club & Spa, Hallandale Beach, FL – Saturday, October 29, 2005.

The Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek, Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Monday, October 31, 2005

The Westin Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Monday, October 31, 2005.

Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel, Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Sheraton Bal Harbour, Bal Harbour, FL – Friday, November 4, 2005.

The Sheraton Yankee Clipper remains closed due to storm damage and scheduled remodeling . Unfortunately, due to the direct hit by Hurricane Wilma to the Cancun resort area, the Sheraton Cancun Resort and Towers and the Westin Regina Resort are not scheduled to reopen until December 20, 2005.

That's impossible to answer, but most were not damaged.

The majority that weren't damaged are reopening as they get power back. Part of the SE 17th Street area has power back now. I know Renaissance and Holiday Inn Express "convention center" have reopened, as has Hyatt Pier 66.

All I can tell you to do is check with them all, and as soon as you find something halfway decent, grab it. It's not necessarily going to be easy as many locals who don't have power have been taking rooms at the hotels that do have power and are open. Plus the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show has been moved to November 3-6.

Archived