Steakhouse Restaurant Reservations

rtn

For past cruisers on the Vista, did anyone have a problem making a reservation at the steakhouse once on board. I know the steakhouse is a popular venue. Also, if booking a reservation prior to sailing, do you pay when you make your reservation or do you pay the night you dine? Thanks

Apparently the steakhouse was fully booked when people tried to book for our 2 formal nights. Not sure if this happened before the cruise or when people booked on day 1. We did see people booking in general with seemingly no problems and we also heard lots of good things after they went :).

I am guessing that as long as they have room it should be simple?

For past cruisers on the Vista, did anyone have a problem making a reservation at the steakhouse once on board. I know the steakhouse is a popular venue. Also, if booking a reservation prior to sailing, do you pay when you make your reservation or do you pay the night you dine? Thanks

We booked while on board with no problem. In fact, most nights they made an announcement saying there were reservations available in all of the pay restaurants...

Just been looking at the steakhouse menu, waiting for my reservation to be confirmed. I saw it has a "beverages" and "dessert wine section", but only at the end of the "after dinner drinks" section does it say bar prices apply, does that mean that the tea/coffee and dessert wines are included in cost or are an addition to the cost ??

I have tried twice to put in my reservation via the link on carnival for the 10/1 sailing...but have not received any confirmation one way or another. Does anyone know the actual email that I can send my request to? I know on...think it was the dream...I sent a note directly to the steakhouse since there seemed to be a problem booking thru the carnival link.

I have tried twice to put in my reservation via the link on carnival for the 10/1 sailing...but have not received any confirmation one way or another. Does anyone know the actual email that I can send my request to? I know on...think it was the dream...I sent a note directly to the steakhouse since there seemed to be a problem booking thru the carnival link.

I had the same problem and started a thread asking for help. Here is the email a fellow CCer posted VSSUPPER@carnival.com. I sent an email and got a response in 12 days, and a second response a week after that. So, I might have 2 reservations for the same day at the same time.:D

I had the same problem and started a thread asking for help. Here is the email a fellow CCer posted VSSUPPER@carnival.com. I sent an email and got a response in 12 days, and a second response a week after that. So, I might have 2 reservations for the same day at the same time.:D

Correct, that is the direct email address to Karina, the Vista's steakhouse manager. A few months ago, it took weeks to get a reply, if at all, from her. Lately, as in the past week or so, I've received replies from her within a day or two. She's seems very nice, just a bit overworked.

Just been looking at the steakhouse menu, waiting for my reservation to be confirmed. I saw it has a "beverages" and "dessert wine section", but only at the end of the "after dinner drinks" section does it say bar prices apply, does that mean that the tea/coffee and dessert wines are included in cost or are an addition to the cost ??

Coffee/tea are included in the cost. Specialty coffees and dessert wines have an extra charge.