Balcony forward or Aft! Which do you prefer?

We are looking to book a suite on Empress of The Seas and wanted to know the pros and cons of Forward vs. Aft.

I have not been on Empress but I can tell you that if you can get a aft balcony on the back end of the ship, that is the best location. Plus the balconies are usually larger in the back of the ship!

I've never read any posts raving about the forward rooms, but I read about the afts ALL the time (probably the most popular after the hump).

Personally I would prefer something in the middle, but if I had to choose between forward or aft I'd rather see where I'm going rather than where I've already been. I'm sure there's a reason the afts are more popular though, probably the view or the balcony size I'm guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never read any posts raving about the forward rooms, but I read about the afts ALL the time (probably the most popular after the hump).

Personally I would prefer something in the middle, but if I had to choose between forward or aft I'd rather see where I'm going rather than where I've already been. I'm sure there's a reason the afts are more popular though, probably the view or the balcony size I'm guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know what ship it was, (doesn't really matter), but I read a review where he said the forward balconies were so windy, that they could not even sit out there. I agree, I would rather see where I am going instead of where I have been, but I wouldn't want to be blown away either.:D

We are looking to book a suite on Empress of The Seas and wanted to know the pros and cons of Forward vs. Aft.

While not on the Empress, we've had both forward and aft balconies. We prefer middle and aft to forward. We really felt the ship moving on the forward balcony - while that was no problem for me, my DH would start to feel a bit motion sick if we were in the room (even with scopamine patches!). It meant we really didn't get to enjoy the balcony, which was a bummer. When we were out and about on the rest of the ship, it didn't really feel like the seas were especially bad, so we do think it was the location.