Cancelled excursion

CruiseLovah82

I understand ships are at times required to miss Grand Cayman due to weather conditions making it unsafe for tendering. If a Carnival booked excursion is cancelled for that reason will it be refunded and if so, how? I plan on booking this particular excursion prior to boarding. Would a refund be issued as an OBC or would it be credited back to the card it was purchased with? In this case it might actually be purchased with a Carnival gift card.

i understand ships are at times required to miss grand cayman due to weather conditions making it unsafe for tendering. If a carnival booked excursion is cancelled for that reason will it be refunded and if so, how? I plan on booking this particular excursion prior to boarding. Would a refund be issued as an obc or would it be credited back to the card it was purchased with? In this case it might actually be purchased with a carnival gift card.

obc

But, if your in-board account has negative balance (you got refunded more than you spent) at the end of your cruise, you will get that money back. We had this happen in March (had a deposit for a medical cooler refunded after we had applied gift cards for balance). Got a check with 10 or 14 days for the balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Due to weather we had two excursions canceled a few weeks ago. As was said earlier, when you check your portfolio balance, it will show a -negative amount, indicating you have a credit. You can opt to have a the amount sent to you via mail in the form of a check or just go to customer service and they will refund the money to you in cash right there.

I had a Segway tour booked for my February cruise in St. Maartan-got an email from carnival saying it is no lorger available and will be refunded in 5-7 days. Since we purchased with Carnival gift card they told us that's how it would be refunded and we should receive a card in the mail in a couple weeks. That was August 5-still waiting☹

I understand ships are at times required to miss Grand Cayman due to weather conditions making it unsafe for tendering. If a Carnival booked excursion is cancelled for that reason will it be refunded and if so, how? I plan on booking this particular excursion prior to boarding. Would a refund be issued as an OBC or would it be credited back to the card it was purchased with? In this case it might actually be purchased with a Carnival gift card.

It should be refunded as OBC, I believe.

We've had this happen to us once..we were supposed to tender into Belize, but the weather conditions (the sea was really rocking that day) made it unsafe. We'd booked an excursion through Carnival and it was refunded as OBC within a few hours of the announcement that we wouldn't be making it to Belize that day. If you purchase it with a gift card, they SHOULD credit it back to the gift card. I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

I had a Segway tour booked for my February cruise in St. Maartan-got an email from carnival saying it is no lorger available and will be refunded in 5-7 days. Since we purchased with Carnival gift card they told us that's how it would be refunded and we should receive a card in the mail in a couple weeks. That was August 5-still waiting☹

This will make me rethink booking with a GC. Thanks!