Help me decide which itinerary pls

boyznme

Hubbie and I (58/60) like both of these but can't decide which. Any insights or opinions would be great. Have not been on either ship by the way.

9/22 - RCL Anthem of the Seas to Bayonne, NJ, Sea, Boston ,Portland, Bar Harbor, Sea, Halifax, Saint John, Sea, Bayonne. or

9/25 - Celebrity Infinity to Vancouver, BC, Victoria, BC, Seattle, Astoria, Sea

Sea, Catalina Island, Sea, San Diego, Sea, Monterey, San Fran, San Fran

Yes, RCL is 9 nights compared to Celebrity 12 nights. Amount of days is not

the question. Like both just can't decide. Please help me decide. Thanks

Do you wish to see foliage while in NJ, Boston, etc.??? A little early for any color... Both cruises are very different in location... what do you wish to see? Can't tell where you live now, have you ever been to N.E. area??

The Celebrity itinerary is the one you'll likely have more trouble finding again down the road. Lots of neat west coast ports all in one cruise. But really its just a matter of opinion they are two very different vacations. Are you looking for an older more relaxed crowd? Go Celebrity. If you want more physical activities and a younger crowd RCL is probably your choice.

Edited by BigWino

Very different ships and very different itineraries, they really are not comparable. Comparing an apple to a potato. :)

If you are not familiar with the ports in the itineraries, then that would be the place to start. Which have you seen, which have you not seen? Which has places you have wanted to see?

If I was doing the picking I would go for the Eastern route because I have been to every place on the Western route multiple times.

I could toss a coin for the decision, but would likely choose the Celebrity itinerary for a few reasons. I prefer a smaller ship than Anthem, and would love a 12 nt. Celebrity coastal cruise at that time of year on the West Coast. British Columbia, followed by west coast ports, including an overnight in San Francisco would be wonderful. As mentioned, this is a 'rare' sailing for Celebrity. (I wish I had booked the Century's West Coast wine cruise when it was available).

The Canada/New England cruise is spectacular, I did a similar itinerary on Princess out of NYC. Loved it, but feel that that itinerary is a bit more relaxed and could be one of those experienced 'later in life'. ;) You can also find that route every year on a variety of nice ships- including the ports of Quebec and Montreal on the longer itineraries. I think I'd prefer to sail out of NYC or Boston, rather than Bayonne. And on a smaller ship than the Anthem. Perhaps HAL, Princess, Celebrity, (or the Serenade if a 7 nighter). Please let us know what you decide, and enjoy your cruise!