Has anyone taken a New Year`s Eve cruise on Monarch of the Seas?

I took the New Year's cruise on Monarch last year and it was not a pleasurable cruise ONLY because there was a very large group (850 people) of Armenians that totally took over the ship. They were obnoxiously rude not only to other passengers but the crew as well. The crew also told me numerous times that they dreaded this cruise every year, as this group has a contract with RCI for the New Year's cruise for the next several years.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Armenians, and have heard complaints from others who were on a sailing where most of the passengers were part of a large group and they had similiar experiences.

I love the Monarch and would (and am) sail her again in a heartbeat, but i will avoid the New Year's cruise like the plaugue until this large group decides to go elsewhere. The ship was fine, but service was lacking due to the crew being bombarded by this rather rude group.

They acted like they owned the ship and everyone who was not part of their group was just an obstacle --and yes they would run you over in a second.

As much as I hate Carnival, I would sail the Paradise over New Year's over the Monarch because of this.

Thank you for the information. I am sorry you had such a terrible experience. I have attended the Armenian Orthodox church for many years and have many Armenian friends. I consider myself an adopted Armenian. I know in every culture sometimes people can be clicky with each other. I do think good manners are very important no matter what nationality your are. I don`t think I have ever experienced a cruise like you described and we have sailed many times. I have never been on a New Years Eve cruise so I have nothing to compare it to. I appreciate your taking the time to write to me. Did they have many children on the New Years Eve cruise? Happy Sailing, Joy

I took the New Year's cruise on Monarch last year and it was not a pleasurable cruise ONLY because there was a very large group (850 people) of Armenians that totally took over the ship. They were obnoxiously rude not only to other passengers but the crew as well. The crew also told me numerous times that they dreaded this cruise every year, as this group has a contract with RCI for the New Year's cruise for the next several years.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Armenians, and have heard complaints from others who were on a sailing where most of the passengers were part of a large group and they had similiar experiences.

I love the Monarch and would (and am) sail her again in a heartbeat, but i will avoid the New Year's cruise like the plaugue until this large group decides to go elsewhere. The ship was fine, but service was lacking due to the crew being bombarded by this rather rude group.

They acted like they owned the ship and everyone who was not part of their group was just an obstacle --and yes they would run you over in a second.

As much as I hate Carnival, I would sail the Paradise over New Year's over the Monarch because of this.

Hi,

Does that mean I can't show up in my Turkish garb? :eek:

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Archived