Shuttle from MIA to Port Everglades

pklopp

Hi - was interested in knowing if Princess provides a shuttle from MIA to Port Everglades? If so, has anyone done this or taken a private shuttle there? Then the next question, would a 2:16 flight leaving from MIA allow enough time to disembark and get there. I am on a Delta boycott and their new prices and times are ridiculous.

Thanks.

Peggy

Hello, Peggy.

The answer to both of your questions is "yes."

Princess provides a shuttle to Port Everglades from Miami. They usually wait for several flights to arrive and load up buses with many passengers who are going to Port Everglades. This can take a while, so if you are eager to get to the ship earlier, you may want to consider other means of transportation.

You will have more than enough to time to disembark the ship and travel to Miami for a 2:16 return flight.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Hi - was interested in knowing if Princess provides a shuttle from MIA to Port Everglades? If so, has anyone done this or taken a private shuttle there? Then the next question, would a 2:16 flight leaving from MIA allow enough time to disembark and get there. I am on a Delta boycott and their new prices and times are ridiculous.

Thanks.

Peggy

Peggy, is there really no other airline you can fly from your home to Fort Lauderdale directly? The only reason I bring that up is because Port Everglades is like 10 minutes from the airport, a short and inexpensive cab ride to be sure.

Chris' note above about waiting for the bus to fill up is really something to consider, even if you do have the time to spare after you land in Miami. We did that one time and said forget it. Unless you get in town really early and are assured of a long wait it's pretty much a luck of the draw thing as to how long it will take to fill up the bus. The cost is reasonable compared to other means but you could be waiting for hours.

If that's ok and your price is good flying into MIA I'd say bring a good book, plan on a wait and be pleasantly pleased if it doesn't work out that way.

Your travel agent can add those transfers to your booking easy. But let us know if you need other transportation options, there are a bunch of them.

We took Sawgrass Shuttle from MIA to Port Everglades, I think it was $97 for six of us, but there was room for more people if you're going with a larger group. Actually we flew in the night before so they picked us up at our Miami hotel and took us to Port Everglades. The guy was very nice and professional, nice clean A/C van. On the way back we bought the ship transfers on board for $15/per person to take us back to MIA. That was very slick, since the bus is waiting right outside the door for you after disembarkation, no searching for your shuttle or waiting in line for a taxi. You do have to wait for it to fill up, but that only took about 1/2 hour and you're sitting comfortably on the bus while you wait. (FYI- before we left on our trip I tried to purchase the transfers from Princess for the ship to MIA, and they said they were sold out. I checked when I got on board and they had plenty).

Chris - our options are limited out of Cinti. to FLL - we just used Delta in Sept. 9:00 flt direct into FLL - but the prices have almost doubled except for

the flight leaving at 2:00 and then we would probably miss the ship - Delta goes bankrupt and raises prices and changes their flights that have worked for years. The most reasonable way is taking American into Miami and getting transportation - comes out less than taking Delta's 10:00 flight. I think we'll just look at getting private transportation to the ship and using Princess going back. Thanks, again for all of the info.

Peggy

Chris - our options are limited out of Cinti. to FLL - we just used Delta in Sept. 9:00 flt direct into FLL - but the prices have almost doubled except for

the flight leaving at 2:00 and then we would probably miss the ship - Delta goes bankrupt and raises prices and changes their flights that have worked for years. The most reasonable way is taking American into Miami and getting transportation - comes out less than taking Delta's 10:00 flight. I think we'll just look at getting private transportation to the ship and using Princess going back. Thanks, again for all of the info.

Peggy

If the 2:0pm flight is a lot cheaper I'd say go the day before and get a cheap hotel on Priceline.

Bill

You can pay for a Princess transfer from MIA to the Port in FLL. You're arrival time of 2:16 pm is NOT ENUF time for a 5:00 pm sailing! If you have to fly into MIA from your hometown and the day of sailing flight gets you in at 2:16, my advice is for you to get in the day before and pay the extra for the hotel room. If you have to fly in the date of the sailing, be sure your flight lands before noon. Fly into FLL and not MIA. the airport at FLL is less than a 30 minute cab ride from the sirport once you collect your bags. Bottom line;;;if your day of sailing flight does not land at FLL before noon, go in the day before and pay the extra for a hotel room near Port Everglades. We stay at the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale...less than a 5 minute ride to the Port and we earn Marriott points to boot!

Archived