Galaxy 10/31 Panama Canal Warning

hfeld

:mad: My TA just called Celebrity and they confirmed that they are adding a sea day instead of Cozumel but they are NOT refunding port charges for this missed port. NCL is refunding their passengers $28 pp and is every other cruise line I called.

I always feel real bad when I see that someone took the time to post something and has no responses............so:

Are you booked on Celebrity or all the other lines?

I doubt anyone is going to cancel their cruise if this is indeed true, tell you the truth, the money goes to the port, after all the damage that has hit there if I was booked they could keep our 56 bucks to help rebuild.

I have to agree with the above. I'm sorry but I find it hard to pull up any sympathetic feelings over the 'loss' of $28.

Considering what happened in Cozumel, doesn't it seem silly to be even slightly upset over that???

Please just take that extra sea day and enjoy the 'doing nothingness' of a relaxing vacation day, and possibly consider booking cruises from late Dec. through late May in the future. Mother Nature doesn't seem like she's too happy with us these days and I think future avoidance of hurricane season would be best.

How naive can everyone be? Do you think that Celebrity is donating our port charges to Cozumel. It's going directly into their pockets not Cozumel's. If you feel like donating to a billion dollar industry your hard earned money, pleease do but I would rather send a donation to the Red Cross as I did with Katrina.

How naive can everyone be? Do you think that Celebrity is donating our port charges to Cozumel. It's going directly into their pockets not Cozumel's. If you feel like donating to a billion dollar industry your hard earned money, please do but I would rather send a donation to the Red Cross as I did with Katrina.

How naive can everyone be? Do you think that Celebrity is donating our port charges to Cozumel. It's going directly into their pockets not Cozumel's. If you feel like donating to a billion dollar industry your hard earned money, pleease do but I would rather send a donation to the Red Cross as I did with Katrina.

I stand by my comment. I have no clue what X is doing with the money but I still don't see $28 as a big deal...at least nothing to get so hot under the collar over. I hope you won't let this ruin your cruise...you'll lose more than $28 if you do.

Your TA is the one that told you there would be no reimbursement, if it means that much to you, did you call Celebrity and ask if this what their policy was regarding your cruise just to doublecheck?

If you are unhappy about the missed port do you have the option to cancel and rebook on another ship or cruise another week?

i have to agree with hfeld. Celebrity SHOULD donate the port money to cozumel but i really doubt they will.

It is NOT the money but the PRINCIPLE of the matter. You pay "port" charges in advance then the product should be delivered. If you cant deliver the product, you should have no right to keep the money.(similar to bait and switch...i'll take your port and let you float at sea)

Since port charges are non-commissionable...cruiselines have found a way to tack on the extra charges. This money should be going into a port charge account to pay for the portage. If they dont pay...WHY SHOULD THEY KEEP THE MONEY? They should just give all passengers a shipboard credit for the amount. The cruiselines lose nothing.

The "extra" money they keep does not defray any costs that rise because IF the fees go up...they pass it on to the consumer.

the only time i agree with keeping the money is: due to unforeseen circumstances WHILE ONBOARD a ship cannot stop at a port.

*sweet*

PS: for all those that think $28 is no big deal ...if you do a little math...just think that its 2000 pax that just "donated" $56,000 to get nothing! And IF its no big deal then WHY aren't they just refunding the money???? The logic can work both ways!

It's really simple. If they don't pay it where do you think it goes? Celebrity is not a nonprofit organization. The best days for a cruise line are the days at sea because of the money spent on ship rather than on shore. Now they've added to their profit by collecting fees that they don't have to pay...

Archived