SELECT DRINKS PACKAGE - thoughts please

Our cruise is offering 20% discount for pre-buying the package so I went for it.

My only concern is coffee. Is it included in the package? And water? Does it include freshly squeezed orange juice?

I usually go for the best non alcoholic package which includes these and am wondering if I've done the right thing going for this package.

We will be on Navigator in October. Will it have the self serve cups that we had on Anthem in April?

The package worked out at £27 a day. So I imagine I need to drink 3 glasses of wine to break even? Does it include a white wine spritzer?

Thoughts please

Edited by Jo and Rob

You need the Ultimate package for speciality coffee, bottled water and freshly squeezed OJ. The premium package doesn't include those. No problems with a white wine spritzer though - any wine, spirits, cocktails etc are included that are under $12 per drink.

You need the Ultimate package for speciality coffee, bottled water and freshly squeezed OJ. The premium package doesn't include those. No problems with a white wine spritzer though - any wine, spirits, cocktails etc are included that are under $12 per drink.

Good news about the spritzer. I wouldn't upgrade the package to Ultimate as too pricey for what I'd have. I'll have mocktails and drink the free water. Hopefully the free coffee will taste okay :o

The OP has purchased the Select package. This includes wine by the glass at $8 and underandvirtuall all beers, but no cocktails or spirits.

No Freestyle machines on Navigator. Special cups are included, but no self-serve machines.

Edited by clarea

Our cruise is offering 20% discount for pre-buying the package so I went for it.

My only concern is coffee. Is it included in the package? And water? Does it include freshly squeezed orange juice?

I usually go for the best non alcoholic package which includes these and am wondering if I've done the right thing going for this package.

We will be on Navigator in October. Will it have the self serve cups that we had on Anthem in April?

The package worked out at £27 a day. So I imagine I need to drink 3 glasses of wine to break even? Does it include a white wine spritzer?

Thoughts please

No, spirits, juice, and speciality coffee are not included in your package. You would need the ultimate package to get those, plus the beer and wine that are in the package that you bought.

In my opinion, the 4 wines included in the select package were just 'ok'. Certainly fine to make spritzer from though :). Select package worked great for DH, as he is a beer drinker and it seems that the select package is designed for those who like to consume beer. You can get unlimited soda also, but beer, wine, and soda are the limits we experienced with select package last week.

We'll be on the FOS in October and our "Select" package (I printed it to take with us) says that it includes: "various beers, wines by the glass, plus non-alcoholic beverages for the duration of your cruise." You can "choose from a variety of non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda and juices." I like Bloody Mary's with beer vs vodka, so I can order a virgin drink (Bloody Shame) and add beer to it (Poor Man's Bloody Mary or Redeye).:p With the Selects package, you should be able to order any "virgin" cocktail that suits your fancy!;) Unless, of course, this varies from ship to ship:(; that's why I printed mine out to take with me!

Can you get Prosecco? Or a different sparkling wine? I do like my bubbles ;)

There is a Valdo Proseco on the wine list at $8, so should be included in the Select package.

Edited by clarea