Britannia 9 oct query 're black tie nights

yesididit

Evening all, on Britannia 9 Oct and want to book the Limelight club but don't want to miss out on the pomp of the black tie nights. Have looked everywhere but can't find which nights, I know there are 3 black tie nights but which?

While I'm here, any know what the ballroom dancing is like on board? Love it love it :)

Evening all, on Britannia 9 Oct and want to book the Limelight club but don't want to miss out on the pomp of the black tie nights. Have looked everywhere but can't find which nights, I know there are 3 black tie nights but which?

While I'm here, any know what the ballroom dancing is like on board? Love it love it :)

We are on Britannia on 19th November and the black tie nights are all on the sea days.

Pass on the ballroom dancing bit, no idea :)

Formal does tend to be on sea days. First one is usually 2nd night on board. Last one is usually the penultimate night..last night onboard usually casual. Other one pick a sea day any sea day. It can change though. If it's very bumpy they tend to move it so people can look elegant, rather than sea sick..

Ballroom dancing in the Crystal room in the evening. Seems very popular although we have not participated ourselves

Hi there, we are on the cruise before you which is also 12 nights. I read somewhere that there would be 4 black tie nights. Can anyone confirm?

We have Ballroom Danced on the Britannia and, in my opinion, it is very good. The Crystal Room has a purpose built dance floor unlike the Ventura and Azura that only use the Atrium, There is normally a live band and this is interspersed with recorded music. There can be a problem with strict tempo but generally very good. We would always choose Britannia for the dancing and luckily we love the rest of the ship. They normally play approximately 50:50 with Ballroom/Latin and Sequence. The Dance Instructors are normally very good to excellent and they do lessons on sea days. We don't do them as we can dance already but they are very popular. Highly recommend it.

We have Ballroom Danced on the Britannia and, in my opinion, it is very good. The Crystal Room has a purpose built dance floor unlike the Ventura and Azura that only use the Atrium, There is normally a live band and this is interspersed with recorded music. There can be a problem with strict tempo but generally very good. We would always choose Britannia for the dancing and luckily we love the rest of the ship. They normally play approximately 50:50 with Ballroom/Latin and Sequence. The Dance Instructors are normally very good to excellent and they do lessons on sea days. We don't do them as we can dance already but they are very popular. Highly recommend it.

Do they do rock and roll/jive/swing?

Do they do rock and roll/jive/swing?

Never seen Swing on any cruise although we've seen Ceroc. They do Jive and some Rock n Roll but remember there are a lot of older passengers so you are best to request them. We do a lot of Latin (including Jive) and we usually have to request Samba and Salsa. There is usually 50% Sequence, not our favourite, but we learned to do a lot of them rather than sit and watch.

Never seen Swing on any cruise although we've seen Ceroc. They do Jive and some Rock n Roll but remember there are a lot of older passengers so you are best to request them. We do a lot of Latin (including Jive) and we usually have to request Samba and Salsa. There is usually 50% Sequence, not our favourite, but we learned to do a lot of them rather than sit and watch.

Thanks for this. Incidentally we are not very young, it was my 71st birthday this month but we absoloutly love rock and roll and I am sure the exercise keeps us fit.

Edited by buddymum

Thanks for this. Incidentally we are not very young, it was my 71st birthday this month but we absoloutly love rock and roll and I am sure the exercise keeps us fit.

Very impressed. It keeps you fit and keeps the brain working. Do you know there are always dance lessons on board on sea days?