Best Route IAH Car Rental to NASA Space Center

Desert Cruizers

We will be arrivng in IAH at 2 PM on June 30th, 2017 and renting a car for our pre cruise stay at NASA Lake to visit the Space Center ( July 1st, 2017 ) the day before our cruise which is on July 2, 2017. What is our best route from IAH. Directions show either 69/45 or 8 Beltway to 45 S. Thank you

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Thank you both again, I have mapped our way out of Bush. We will be traveling as far as the NASA Space Center and taking the tour on July 1st, then proceed to our Hotel in Galveston ( LQ Inn West Seawall) to meet up with our friends. I noticed the return to the Airport off I-45 N to 59/69, it had us going over on the 8 Beltway Parkway and exit JFK BLVD, this looks to be alright for returning our Car to Dollar Rental.

Thank you both again, I have mapped our way out of Bush. We will be traveling as far as the NASA Space Center and taking the tour on July 1st, then proceed to our Hotel in Galveston ( LQ Inn West Seawall) to meet up with our friends. I noticed the return to the Airport off I-45 N to 59/69, it had us going over on the 8 Beltway Parkway and exit JFK BLVD, this looks to be alright for returning our Car to Dollar Rental.

Either way works but the Beltway is a toll road! We live in Galveston and when going to Bush we go I45 N to 59 N just before downtown. Then to Beltway to JFK to rentals. Easy!

Edited by ssb

The directions do have us returning up I-45 N to 59/69 North then over to 8 Beltway, exit JFK BLVD. Your directions appear the same as Googles directions. i will recheck that, but all in all seems easy enough. We initially were going to meet up with couple the afternoon we fly in, June 30th, 2017 but more I look at it by the time we get off, get luggage and over to car rental we should head right to Nasa and the Courtyard. I will email them later on let them know. We will be seeing the couple on the following cruise 22 days later so I think it is best we wait.

IAH basically sits in between I45 and US59/I69 with beltway8 along the southern end. You can take beltway 8 east off of I45 to the airport and there is no toll in that short section. (and unless they have added tolls in the last few months the whole section between I45 and US59 is free). I always found it much easier to get to the rental car area off of the beltway and just going north on JFK blvd. Coming off of US59 you had to go all the way through the airport and then get to the rental car center. From the BW it is just 1 stop light (Greens road) then just a short ride into the rental car complex

See map

Download Map of Houston Metro Area

To return to Bush airport from Galveston:

pass up Beltway 8 on I 45 (south of Houston) just pass Nasa Rd from Galveston (unless you want to use tolls)

go on into Houston

just before downtown Houston right on 59 N and go out north of Houston to Beltway 8 (North) on 59 N

left west on Beltway 8 to JFK

right on JFK north to rental cars

Edited by ssb